Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

Discussion Thread: Grain Elim Weight Loss (transcript)

Inner Circle Member Forum >> Food and Diet >> Discussion Thread: Grain Elim Weight Loss (transcript)

Transcripts

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 130
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 10/30/2017 8:42:39 PM

This is a forum copy of the transcript for the video at:
Video library: Why Eliminating Grains Causes Weight Loss

For why this is here, see this revised Reply in an earlier transcript thread.

Transcript:

This is the second video in a two-part series talking about how grains impact weight. In the first video we talked about how grains cause us to be fat. Now we talk about how grain elimination causes extravagant weight loss.

These are the principles that led to my Wheat Belly books. I’m talking about it now, so that people who are starting in the Undoctored program, based on my new book, Undoctored — Why Health Care Has Failed You And How You Can Become Smarter Than Your Doctor, so everyone has a good grounding in some of these grain principles that came from the Wheat Belly world.

In Undoctored, we’re going to take the basic principles in Wheat Belly, and expand them — make them even more powerful and effective, so that you can get even greater health effects, by incorporating new information, new tools for collaboration, new health tracking tools — all in the name of giving you extravagantly wonderful personal health, without the doctors or the healthcare system.

Why does grain elimination lead to such extravagant weight loss? It’s typical to lose 15 to 18 pounds in the first month, 35-40 pounds in the first six months, lot’s more, with variations of course. A woman’s who’s 140 pounds at age 40 will lose weight at a different rate than a guy who’s 33, and weighs 273 pounds and is sedentary. We’re all different, right, so I can only give you a ballpark figure.

But it’s all achieved without me ever saying “cut your calories”, “cut your portion size”, “exercise more”, “move more eat less”. You’ll never hear those kinds of ideas from me, and hopefully never see them in any of the Wheat Belly nor the Undoctored social media, blogs or websites.

Weight is lost, despite nobody counting calories. But if you did count calories, you would see that once you’re grain-free, your calorie intake drops, typically 400 to 800 fewer calories per day, as much as 1500 calories less per day. That’s not because we’re restricting calories, but because we remove those gliadin-derived opioid peptides, that act as opiates in the human brain, and drive appetite — that incessant gotta-eat, gotta-eat-more appetite. It’s a very powerful effect.

You’ll hear people who are grain free say things like “You know, I had breakfast. Uh, I didn’t feel like eating lunch. … In fact, dinner rolled around and, I wasn’t sure so I thought I’d eat something.” Hunger is very different. It’s not that ravenous, driving, rumbling, desperate hunger. It’s just a soft reminder that you might eat something,. It’s easy to control your diet once you’ve removed grains, because you’ve lost the grain-derived opioid peptides.

Recall that there’s a complex carbohydrate in grains called amylopectin A, that acts more like table sugar, or worse. Ounce for ounce, it raises blood sugar higher than table sugar. Remove the amylopectin A of grains, because we remove all grains, you don’t have that high blood sugar [rising gesture] — you don’t have that high blood insulin, that causes fat deposition. Insulin does this [flat line gesture] instead, so there’s no, or very little insulin around to provoke fat deposition, thereby allowing fat to be mobilized instead, where it’s lost.

If you don’t have that high blood sugar from amylopectin A, you don’t have that low blood sugar [descending gesture] that makes you ravenous. All you have is this. [flat line gesture] You don’t have any cycles of hunger, because the amylopectin A is not raising your blood sugar sky high, nor are you having hypoglycemic episodes.

Recall that grains are highly inflammatory. The gliadin itself, the gliadin-derived peptides, wheat germ agglutinin and several others, are highly inflammatory. That’s why lots of people who are grain consumers have that bloated face, redness here [rubs cheeks], or seborrhea. When they go grain-free, even the first few days or weeks, they may only lose a few pounds — say 4 or 5 pounds, but their faces change. Their faces shrink dramatically — out of proportion to the modest weight loss. Their facial coloring changes. That seborrhea redness goes away.

That shows inflammation’s receding. You also lose a lot of water. That’s why we tell people when they’re grain free, to hydrate well, and salt your food, because you’re losing a lot of water and a lot of salt that first week or ten days or so. You lose weight rapidly; some of it is inflammatory edema: water retention. But that’s good. It means that good, because it means you’ve reversed inflammation.

Put those three effects together: the removal of gliadin-derived opioid peptides that drive appetite, the removal amylopectin A that sends blood sugar sky high, and, reversal of inflammation; and you have the key to extravagant, virtually effortless weight loss. Calories go down, yes, but not because you’re counting calories or limiting calories, but because you’re just not hungry anymore. Your blood sugars won’t go high without the grains, like they used all the time when you had grains with every meal. And inflammation, whether it’s showing as seborrhea, or psoriasis, or rheumatoid arthritis, or acid reflux, or IBS, or fibromyalgia, goes away or gets dramatically better.

So all this, it’s all from getting rid of grains, the foods we’re told should dominate our diets. See how far wrong conventional dietary advice has gone. Just do the opposite, eating no grains whatsoever, gives you back extraordinary personal control over weight, and over health too.

Tags: