Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

Hey Heart Hawk....How About Log In Cookies that Persist...

Member Forum >> Suggestion Box >> Hey Heart Hawk....How About Log In Cookies that Persist...

jegesq

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 2782
Recommends Recd: 8
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 4/17/2010 7:41:16 PM

Can we make it easier to access the forum from the front of the site, and then allow users to either remain logged in (e.g., drop a cookie which allows registered users to remain logged in)?   

Here's a description of the problem:   I frequently log in from the same computer.  I used to be able to simply leave a browser tab open for the TYP message forum, and if I left it unattended for a day, I'd still be able to click on "recent posts"  without having to log in again.    

Lately though, since the log-in page was changed about a month ago, this stopped working.  Now if more than 10 hours or so elapses without accessing the tab that I have open for TYP's forums,  if I click on "recent posts" for example, I get kicked back to the TYP main log-in page, where I then have to re-enter my username, my password, then I get re-directed back to the front page of TYP, where I  then have to click on the "Member Forum" link, which then takes me to another interim page which touts how popular the forums are and how many umpteen-million posts have been made, and from that page I then have to click on "Access Forum" which takes me to the list of forums, and then I have to click again on "Recent Posts"......

All i wanted to do though was click on "recent posts" and get a quick update on what's happened from where I left off.

But instead, I have to spend about 4 extra minutes, go through 6 or 7 extra steps, which is just plain annoying. and all just to get back to where I wanted to go without ever logging off of TYP.  Keep in mind, I didn't reboot my computer or launch a new browser window.  I just left a tab open in my browser so I could come back and quickly check the forums to see what's new after a day or so. 

Isn't there any way to go back to the old functionality that used to exist previously?   I used to be able to stay logged on, and that was true even if I had a browser window open on my laptop, and then accessed TYP from another computer in another area of my home.   I realize you don't want to allow two users to be logged on from different computers at the same time with the same username and password, but if both computers are on the same home network, from the TYP server's perspective, it's all coming from the same IP address, so what''s the difference?  

Can something be done to allow a user to "remain logged in until I log out" as is done on many systems (that's how many sites work, such as TheHeart.org, and many other non-health subscription sites I've subscribed to over the years)? 

There's gotta be a better way....
Tags:

harry35

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 2769
Recommends Recd: 16
Certs & Awards: 3   view

Posted: 4/18/2010 11:21:22 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags:

jegesq

No Avatar

Posted: 4/18/2010 4:11:45 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags:

onewaypockets

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1376
Recommends Recd: 1

Posted: 4/19/2010 12:27:04 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

jegesq

No Avatar

Posted: 4/20/2010 3:20:41 PM

Bump....so HH will see this and respond.
Tags:

HeartHawk

No Avatar
Undoctored Staff

Posts Contributed: 4425
Recommends Recd: 15
Certs & Awards: 39   view

Posted: 4/21/2010 12:27:32 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags:

jegesq

No Avatar

Posted: 4/21/2010 10:33:39 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags: