Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

Afib nails me again.

Member Forum >> UnKnown >> Afib nails me again.

lindybill

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 5842
Recommends Recd: 7
Ignores Issued: 2
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 9/14/2009 8:27:11 PM

I found last week that my pulse was high [125+].  An EKG today confirmed I was back into Afib. [EDIT: I AM ASYMPTOMATIC]   I probably contributed to this condition happening by switching off my beta blocker onto Lisinopril and using Androgel.  I wasn't too happy with the Androgel results anyway, so I don't mind losing it. 

In any case, I am back on Atenolol and added a 125mg tab of Digoxin to the mix as I am still around 100+ pulse.  It will take 4 1/4 mg of Warfarin to get and keep me at a 2.4 INR. The 1/4 balances the 90 mcg of MK-7 I will take in what is a probably-futile effort to to stop a rise in arterial plaque while taking the warfarin. I will get another Cardioversion and  I should be back in Sinus  in about two months.

Meanwhile, by annual battle with Kaiser to get a VAP and a heart Scan goes on. They did the draw for the VAP this morning. The Chief Radiologist denied me a heart scan on the basis that one year was "too soon," and agreed to another a year from now. I don't know if it will help, but I sent this the following letter this weekend.

Dear Dr ****

This letter concerns your denial of service of a heart scan for me by Dr  *******. I understand that you feel nothing of importance will be found one year after a previous scan and that you are willing to order one for me after two years.

The way preventive heart care is practiced at Kaiser today, I agree with you.  Untreated arterial plaque will grow at the rate of about 35% a year, doubling every two years.  With the Kaiser heart disease prevention treatment of aspirin, a low-fat diet and Statins, it will grow at about half that rate.

My case is different. I got my first scan at Holistica in Oct of 2007. It showed an Agaston score of 322. This scan is in my Kaiser file.  You performed a second heart scan on me in Oct of 2008. It showed a Agaston score of 219.  A 32% reduction in my plaque.

Since the first machine was an EBT and you use a 64 slice GE, there is a possible error factor of as much as 7% between these two readouts. But even allowing for this, I still achieved a 25% reduction in plaque in one year.

I managed this by using a different approach than Kaiser Cardiologists use. The details are not of concern here. The results speak for themselves.  I am still using the same program and hope I have continued to regress my plaque. That is why it is important to me to get a yearly heart scan.  I need to be able to adjust my program, based on my scan results.

So I hope you can see why, in my case, I believe my request for a scan is in order.
Tags:

jegesq

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 2782
Recommends Recd: 8

Posted: 9/14/2009 11:08:00 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags:

lindybill

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 5842
Recommends Recd: 7

Posted: 9/14/2009 11:39:41 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags: