Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: The Wheat Belly Cruise 2015

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: The Wheat Belly Cruise 2015

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 12/5/2015 12:00:00 PM

Originally posted by Dr. Davis on 2015-12-05
on the Wheat Belly Blog, sourced from and currently found at: Infinite Health Blog.
PCM forum Index of WB Blog articles.

The Wheat Belly Cruise 2015

Wheat Belly Cruise 2015-Jamaica port

Elizabeth “Betty” Klub is a popular girl on the Official Wheat Belly Facebook page, engaging in discussions, providing advice when needed, and just being a friend to all who join in the conversation. I met Betty on our recent Wheat Belly Cruise 2015 and enjoyed her company along with her friend, Pat, at an outdoor barbeque. The cruise took us to several ports-of-call around the Caribbean, including Cozumel and a (surprisingly) spectacular beach and entertainment compound on Haiti. That’s where Betty rode the zip-line starting on a small mountain, riding over the ocean! I regret that I did not see her ride, as she told me about it over lunch after her ride.

In response to a reader’s questions about what sorts of things went on during the cruise, Betty shared our seminar schedule:

Nov 15th: On board welcome & cocktail reception. That’s when I met Dr Davis.

Nov. 16: 9 am to 11 am Session 1: Intro to Wheat Belly: Let them eat grass. (Dr Davis)

5:30 – 7:30 pm: Session 2: The Wheat Belly Detox Plan Part 1 (Dr Davis)

Nov 17: 4-6 pm: Session 3: The Wheat Belly Detox Plan Part 2 (Dr Davis)

Nov 18: 8 am – 10 am – Session 4: The Emotional Belly with Anne Berube

Nov 19: 4-7:30 PM – Session 5: Wheat Free Beauty with Tamara Ortegel.

Nov 20: 9-10 AM Session 6: Cooking for Kids, Vegans & Vegetarians with Paul MacInnis

Nov 21: 8:30-10 am – Session 7: Wheat Belly Total Health with Dr Davis

12:00 noon: WB lunch in the dining room

5 – 7 pm: Session 8: Wheat Belly Total Health Part 2 with Dr Davis

7:45 PM – Closing ceremonies/reception.

I patterned the seminar around the three Wheat Belly books: an introductory discussion much like the original Wheat Belly book that provided the science and rationale for this lifestyle; 2 sessions patterned after the Wheat Belly 10-Day Grain Detox to help jump-start any newcomers to the Wheat Belly lifestyle and get them going as confidently and quickly as possible; a final series of sessions that covered the material in Wheat Belly Total Health, discussions that go even further to stack the odds in your favor of reversing autoimmune diseases, type 2 diabetes, break a stubborn weight plateau, and gain control over metabolic issues such as high cholesterol and high blood pressure. I thought everyone would have had enough Wheat Belly and me after a total of 10 hours of seminars just from me, not counting the sessions with Anne, Paul, and Tamara. But, at the end of the last seminar, everyone was having such a great time that many people asked for more.

In between sessions, I believe it is safe to say that nobody was bored given the fairly astounding choices in activities both at sea and at the various ports. I took advantage of the walking track every day, as well as the well-equipped exercise facility. I’m not much of a dancer, but watched plenty of people enjoy dancing, dance lessons, and a variety of other exercise instructions. I sampled several of the shows held every night, including a Cirque du Soleil-type performance, a musical, and comedy. I found adhering to the Wheat Belly lifestyle pretty easy in the main dining room (which is gargantuan), the buffets, as well as the specialty restaurants. In fact, I found food staff on the Celebrity Silhouette more attentive and knowledgeable than just about any restaurant I’ve eaten in on land. In addition to the 10 or so specialty restaurants, there are coffee bars, snack bars, hamburger joints, and a spectacular wine tasting room that I enjoyed on three nights.

The photograph above is the ship while we docked in Falmouth, Jamaica, seen from the wonderful marketplace. (The ship is too big to capture in a single photo.) Here is the next-to-last day Wheat Belly lunch in the main dining room (my seat is empty, as I took the photo):

Wheat Belly Cruise 2015-Lunch

Here is the endpoint of the zip-line across the ocean that Betty rode:

Wheat Belly Cruise 2015-Zipline

This was our first Wheat Belly Cruise, but everyone had such a wonderful time (including myself) that I’m already looking forward to our next in 2016.

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: Cruise