Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: Too skinny . . . in the midst of the world’s worst obesity crisis

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: Too skinny . . . in the midst of the world’s worst obesity crisis

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 8/27/2015 12:00:00 PM

Originally posted by Dr. Davis on 2015-08-27
on the Wheat Belly Blog, sourced from and currently found at: Infinite Health Blog.
PCM forum Index of WB Blog articles.

Too skinny . . . in the midst of the world’s worst obesity crisis

Michelle before & after

Michelle first communicated with me because, after seeing one of my interviews on Dr. Oz, began the Wheat Belly lifestyle, lost weight, but was then concerned that she was too skinny:

“After losing 43 lbs, I’m too thin. What to do, I don’t want to lose anymore?

“I’m down to 118 pounds–hard to believe. Thanks Dr. Davis and Dr. Oz. My only complaint is migraines from accidental exposure.”

I’ve discussed this question before, the idea that someone might be too skinny. Let’s put this question into perspective: We’re asking whether someone is too skinny in the midst of the worst epidemic of weight gain and obesity ever witnessed in the history of humans living on this planet. The world has NEVER witnessed overweight and the health problems associated with weight on such a scale–yet we are talking about being too slender.

This question highlights an important aspect of the Wheat Belly lifestyle: Comb through the Wheat Belly books, Wheat Belly cookbooks, Wheat Belly Blog, the Wheat Belly Facebook page, Wheat Belly Pinterest page, or elsewhere, and you will never hear me advise anyone to limit or reduce calories, reduce portion sizes, or cut down on fat–NEVER. At 118 pounds, I would not advise Michelle to deny herself second helpings, avoid a return trip to the food buffet, or deny herself a slice of delicious Wheat Belly Cheesecake. She should follow her body’s signals to eat as much as she likes whenever she likes, provided wheat and grains are not part of the equation. Remove the unnatural stimulation of appetite created by the components of wheat and grains, such as gliadin-derived opiates, and you eat for sustenance, no more, no less.

It is truly an ironic situation created by the human consumption of wheat and grains: “foods” we originally resorted to in desperation when real food was in short supply now stimulate over-consumption.

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: slender,success