Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: Wheat Belly is an anti-inflammatory lifestyle

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: Wheat Belly is an anti-inflammatory lifestyle

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 7/28/2015 12:00:00 PM

Originally posted by Dr. Davis on 2015-07-28
on the Wheat Belly Blog, sourced from and currently found at: Infinite Health Blog.
PCM forum Index of WB Blog articles.

Wheat Belly is an anti-inflammatory lifestyle

Laura before & after

Laura has not only lost a substantial amount of weight from inflammatory visceral fat resulting in a dramatic reduction in waist size, but has also experienced a reduction in the issues associated with her autoimmune diseases:

“I have been on Wheat Belly for about 2 years. I have rheumatoid arthritis and lupus and have seen huge improvements and lowering of meds due to this wonderful plan. So far (and I still need to lose more) I have lost 80 lbs and am still losing. First pic is of me at our high school reunion in 2013 and the next one is today. I think you can see a bit of the difference. I am happy to be down, even if I am not all the way there yet.

“This was done with no exercise, just no wheat and no sugar, Wheat Belly plan. It’s hard to see, because pic 1 is dark, but if you look carefully you will see quite a huge Wheat Belly which is non-existent today. I am 70 years old. I am healthier, in much less pain, and so many benefits, I can’t begin to tell you!”

The drugs prescribed to “treat” autoimmune conditions like rheumatoid arthritis are nasty, imperfect drugs with substantial side-effects. Prednisone, a mainstay of drugs prescribed for such conditions, for example, is associated with weight gain (often substantial), stomach ulcers, osteoporosis, and frequently causes non-diabetics to become diabetic within the first few doses. Enbrel, now splashed all over television with ads featuring golfer, Phil Mickelson, gushing about how the drug changed his life with psoriatic arthritis, can cause life-threatening infections, demyelinating neurological disorders, cancers and autoimmune hepatitis.

How about the side-effects associated with a Wheat Belly approach of no wheat or grains, followed by the other strategies such as restoration of vitamin D and healthy bowel flora? After the initial opiate withdrawal syndrome, there is weight loss, reduction in inflammatory markers like c-reactive protein, reduction in blood sugar and blood pressure, reversal of skin rashes and joint pain, reduced headaches, reduced anxiety, deeper sleep, reduction or elimination of small LDL particles (that cause coronary disease–not “high cholesterol”), rise in HDL cholesterol, reduction in triglycerides, freedom from irritable bowel syndrome and acid reflux . . .

Autoimmune diseases are no laughing matter, as Laura would tell you. How about type 1 diabetes in children? This is a terrifying diagnosis for parents, as it does not just mean having to give your infant or toddler insulin injections, but it means being constantly vigilant for hypoglycemia that can be life-threatening, not to mention a diagnosis that is lifelong. Type 1 diabetes is, in many if not most cases, a disease of the gliadin protein of wheat, rye, barley; the zein protein of corn; and the casein beta A1 protein of North American dairy products. Or how about the progressive debilitation of multiple sclerosis and other autoimmune neurological diseases? These are often fatal–but caused by the muffin, bagel, or breakfast cereal that we are all assured is good for health.

So Laura’s reversal of two autoimmune diseases is a huge turnaround in health: freedom from the diseases but also freedom from the dangerous drugs used to “treat” them. And losing 80 pounds in the process? Not too shabby, certainly not something accomplished with the drugs.

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: success