Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: Natalie’s asthma, allergy, energy, and eyesight breakthrough

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: Natalie’s asthma, allergy, energy, and eyesight breakthrough

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1428
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 7/20/2015 12:00:00 PM

Originally posted by Dr. Davis on 2015-07-20
on the Wheat Belly Blog, sourced from and currently found at: Infinite Health Blog.
PCM forum Index of WB Blog articles.

Natalie’s asthma, allergy, energy, and eyesight breakthrough

Natalie before & after

Natalie shared her experience with one year on the Wheat Belly lifestyle:

“I suffered through 5 years of allergy shots without knowing wheat was so bad for me. The time and money for that was huge, not to mention the pain. After stopping the shots, my allergies returned full force.

“Almost a year ago, I read your book and took the leap of eliminating wheat from my diet. Within the first few weeks, I was able to eliminate my asthma, allergy, and reflux medications that I had been on for years. The list of additional improvements to my well-being and health are extensive, but today I had another surprise. I went for my annual eye exam and my vision AND astigmatism in both eyes improved! This has never happened to me before. I mentioned my diet change to my doctor. He was very interested, asked multiple questions about my changes, then provided me with more education on diet related to eye health. Thank you for giving me the tools I needed to make these health improvements!

“The laundry list of other issues solved by eliminating wheat also includes no more chicken skin on my upper arms, fewer breakouts of acne on my face, more energy, much less sleep needed at night (reduced by 3-4 hours per night!), less irritability, etc. I also think my skin has a perfect level of oil now. Before, my skin was oily and I had more wrinkles. It’s like I’ve found a fountain of youth.

“Oh, and I don’t wake up groggy, stay focused in meetings (even after lunch), and my ankles aren’t hurting and swollen at the end of the day since eliminating wheat.

What a dramatic story: freedom from allergies, asthma, acid reflux, joint pain, leg swelling, fatigue, skin rashes, and mind/emotional effects. Natalie’s experience is another reminder of the folly of regarding celiac disease as the only manifestation of wheat and grain intolerance. Recall that wheat and closely related seeds of grasses contains many components harmful to unwitting humans beyond the gluten that activates the autoimmunity of celiac disease. Mind and emotional effects, for instance, including sleep effects, are due to gliadin-derived peptides that have nothing to do with celiac disease. Acne is triggered by foods containing the extravagant blood sugar- and insulin-raising amylopectin A, again nothing to do with celiac. Asthma is most commonly triggered by the long list of allergens in wheat and grains, such as alpha amylase and trypsin inhibitors, as well as gliadin variants, again nothing to do with celiac. We don’t know precisely which component is responsible for acid reflux, but it mostly is triggered by wheat germ agglutinin and/or gliadin or gliadin-derived peptides.

If we were to regard the only problem with wheat and grains as celiac disease, then millions of people like Natalie would have never experienced the health transformations that they have.

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: success