Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: Sydne an example of Wheat Belly Total Health done right

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: Sydne an example of Wheat Belly Total Health done right

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1428
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 7/15/2015 12:00:00 PM

Originally posted by Dr. Davis on 2015-07-15
on the Wheat Belly Blog, sourced from and currently found at: Infinite Health Blog.
PCM forum Index of WB Blog articles.

Sydne an example of Wheat Belly Total Health done right

Sydne before & after

Sydne took the information in Wheat Belly Total Health to heart and is enjoying a dramatic turnaround in health.

My family and friends know me well enough to know that I NEVER share photos of myself. As a matter of fact as my thyroid dysfunction worsened over the years, I tried very hard to stay out of all photos. The issues with my thyroid dysfunction (hypothyroidism) went on for more than 15 years and became worse as time went on. I went from doctor to doctor seeking answers, to no avail. I cannot tell you how much I suffered during this time, mostly in silence except when I was alone. Those are the times I would cry out to God and plead for guidance.

In the midst of my search for answers, during the month of February, 2014, my daughter told me about the book ‘Wheat Belly.’ After reading this book, for the first time I felt I was on the right track with my health. My wheat-free/grain-free journey began on March 2, 2014. All of the things Dr. Davis spoke about in his book confirmed a lot of things I believed were happening in my body and taught me a lot more. His teachings, the treatment/guidance I receive from my current doctor of holistic and integrative medicine, and my own research have helped me to listen to my body and encouraged me to be patient as my body and health is restored. Health challenges included Hashimoto’s (hypothyroidism), leaky gut, joint pain, obesity, fatigue, food allergies. Took your advice and utilized pro/prebiotics, corrected thyroid levels with NatureThroid, increased good fats, eliminated processed foods.

I experienced reduced inflammation, much more energy, weight loss, no more leaky gut, acid reflux or constipation. Reduced swelling around eyes and restful sleep. I continue to see my doctor for thyroid level control and overall wellness. I feel 10 years younger and am enjoying life again.

Though my journey is certainly not finished, I have attached photos to show my progress thus far. The first photo was taken in August, 2014. The second was taken this past week on my birthday, July 6, 2015. As I continue this wellness journey, I am sincerely grateful to Dr. Davis and those in the wheat-free/grain-free community for helping me to restore my health and save my life!

In the approach articulated in Wheat Belly Total Health, we begin with wheat elimination, but extend it to all closely-related grains. We then correct all the abnormal health conditions left in their wake. Thyroid disease is particularly common. Most autoimmune thyroid disease is caused by wheat and grains but, unfortunately, removing them can leave you with a damaged, underperforming thyroid gland that is no longer able to produce sufficient thyroid hormone. There are also factors that impair conversion of the T4 thyroid hormone to the active T3, meaning prescription agents such as levothyroxine or Synthroid (containing only the T4 thyroid hormone) can leave you hypothyroid regardless of the dose–they are not enough for the majority and will booby-trap your return to health. Sydne is experiencing success by taking a combination of the T4 and T3 thyroid hormones–such an easy fix, once you identify a practitioner informed in thyroid.

She is also adding more healthy fats, has eliminated processed foods and did not turn to awful gluten-free replacements made with junk carbs, and is cultivating a return of healthy bowel flora with a pro- and prebiotic regimen. The combination of strategies sends Sydney’s health through the roof, as you can see on her glowing face in her “after” photo.

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: NDT,success