Originally posted by Dr. Davis on 2015-07-13
on the Wheat Belly Blog,
sourced from and currently found at: Infinite Health Blog.
PCM forum Index
of WB Blog articles.
Nick loses his Wheat Belly and regains energy
Nick shared his “before” and “after” photos, along with these comments about his Wheat Belly lifestyle experience:
“I’ve been following the Wheat Belly lifestyle since March 1st, 2014 based on my best friend’s recommendation. I started this weighing 295 pounds, wearing a size 44 pants and feeling tired, worn out, and overall just not healthy at all.
“Now, almost 19 months later, I’m down to 218 pounds and wearing a size 36 pants and feel healthier then I have ever have!”
Weight down 77 pounds, waist size 8 inches smaller, renewed energy–not too shabby for thumbing your nose at the conventional dietary advice to eat wheat and grains at every sitting. Had we tracked metabolic markers (as I have done for thousands of people), we would have observed:
- A rise in HDL, drop in triglycerides, reduction or elimination of small LDL particles
- A drop in fasting blood sugar and insulin
- Reduced excursions of after-meal (postprandial) lipoproteins such as VLDL particles
- A drop in inflammatory measures such as c-reactive protein (CRP)
- A reduction in blood pressure
- Increase in testosterone, reduction in estrogen
- A reduction in liver enzymes, AST and ALT
Such is the power of removing a collection of “foods” that fatten, inflame, hormonally-distort, and disrupt human metabolism, even without counting calories, without limiting portion size, without extreme exercise.
But don’t expect everyone around you to embrace this lifestyle. After all, we are fighting against a TRILLION dollar industry that is the cornerstone of agribusiness and the national economy. But we do this because it is right for health.