Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: The extraordinary power of the Wheat Belly lifestyle

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: The extraordinary power of the Wheat Belly lifestyle

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 6/24/2015 12:00:00 PM

Originally posted by Dr. Davis on 2015-06-24
on the Wheat Belly Blog, sourced from and currently found at: Infinite Health Blog.
PCM forum Index of WB Blog articles.

The extraordinary power of the Wheat Belly lifestyle

Janet before & after

Janet shared her experience in reversing the phenomena of rheumatoid arthritis by following the Wheat Belly lifestyle, including regaining her vision:

“I started dieting and working out in January. My Wheat Belly journey began in February.

“Three years ago, I went for my annual physical and everything seemed fine until I mentioned that I could no longer see in the dark with one eye. From that moment on my life changed. I was told this had to do with the rods and cones in the back of the eye and is indicative of an autoimmune disease. This started all the testing and the diagnosis was rheumatoid arthritis. It would be two years before my hands swelled and my joints started to hurt a great deal. I thought maybe I could live with it until I started to feel it in my knees and ankles and had trouble with the stairs. I was told to lose weight for the sake of my joints.

“A friend told me to read Wheat Belly and, since then, I am down 31 pounds. I no longer have joint pain or swelling and I’ve never been on rheumatoid arthritis meds. I stopped taking all my asthma and allergy meds and somehow I am no longer allergic to dogs or cats. I can visit friends with pets now. My acid reflux is gone and I sleep all night (what a relief). I have so much energy that I walk five miles in the morning and five miles after work.

“The most amazing thing, however, is that as of this week, my night blindness is gone. How is this even possible? I am still reading and learning and will delve into the gut next. It’s not easy for me as I am a picky eater, but I force myself to try something new each week. Thank you for changing and maybe even saving my life. I’m 53 and I feel better than ever.”

Better sleep, relief from common allergies, weight loss . . . and reversal of organ damage to the joints and eyes–how spectacular is that?

I shudder to think what might have become of Janet had she not discovered the power of eliminating this common trigger of increased intestinal permeability and misguided immune responses in the form of an innocent looking loaf of bread or bagel. It’s not cutting carbs that achieves these sorts of health transformations. It’s not cutting calories or reducing portion sizes. It’s certainly not cutting fats. Changes like this come from removing the initial trigger of a disordered immune response: wheat and closely related seeds of grasses.

Autoimmunity can come and go if the factors that allow it are permitted to continue. Janet has already had a wonderful response just to elimination of wheat and grains. She can put further distance between her health and autoimmune processes by correcting issues such as vitamin D deficiency, omega-3 fatty acid deficiency, and cultivating healthy bowel flora, as discussed in this Wheat Belly Blog post and in an entire chapter in Wheat Belly Total Health. Because she responded so powerfully to just elimination of wheat and grains, she has a terrific chance of maintaining freedom from her health problems for a lifetime.

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: success