Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: Wheat Watch: Scrambled Eggs

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: Wheat Watch: Scrambled Eggs

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 5/25/2015 12:00:00 PM

Originally posted by Dr. Davis on 2015-05-25
on the Wheat Belly Blog, sourced from and currently found at: Infinite Health Blog.
PCM forum Index of WB Blog articles.

Wheat Watch: Scrambled Eggs

Scrambled eggs on plate

Wheat Belly followers have pointed this out a number of times, but it bears repeating because it happens so often: Watch out for scrambled eggs!

Wheat Belly Facebook followers have previously figured out, for instance, that scrambled eggs served at the International House of Pancakes have pancake batter added to them to make them fluffier. They also figured out that you can work around this by asking for “shell” eggs be used.

I’ve encountered scrambled eggs with wheat flour in many hotel breakfasts, especially the small buffets that many chains include with the price of the room (to decrease costs by adding filler?). In this case, because they generally will not whip up a batch without wheat especially for you, you will have to choose hard boiled eggs, an omelet, or other safe choices.

I encountered this–to my surprise–having breakfast in Paris, France. Because the French have a reputation for being more traditional in their food preparation, it surprised me when the staff did indeed tell me that the eggs (looking too fluffy for simple scrambled eggs) did indeed have batter added to them.

This also happened to my tennis player daughter (wheat- and grain-free) who had scrambled eggs at a hotel breakfast in Madrid, Spain while there for the Madrid Open, and experienced 48 hours of fatigue, lightheadedness, nearly passing out, loose bowels, and insatiable hunger. She now knows better.

Don’t let this happen to you and experience all the awful re-exposure reactions of wheat and grains, ruining your business schedule or vacation, perhaps even causing you to go further off course in response to the cravings that can be triggered. Be aware that something that seems as benign as scrambled eggs can indeed be a source of wheat/grain exposure.

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: