Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: Sherri found the Wheat Belly Fountain of Youth . . . and bowel health

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: Sherri found the Wheat Belly Fountain of Youth . . . and bowel health

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 5/12/2015 12:00:00 PM

Originally posted by Dr. Davis on 2015-05-12
on the Wheat Belly Blog, sourced from and currently found at: Infinite Health Blog.
PCM forum Index of WB Blog articles.

Sherri found the Wheat Belly Fountain of Youth . . . and bowel health

Sherri before & after: face

Sherri shared her amazing “before” and “after” Wheat Belly lifestyle photos and story:

“The pic on the left is from June, 2014 and the pic on the right is May, 2015. I started the Wheat Belly lifestyle in August, 2014 after reading how giving up wheat/gluten can help with arthritis pain.

“In Wheat Belly Total Health, you talked about people who were chronically constipated, I think the term was “obstipation.” Well, that was me. I thought that maybe as a ‘side effect’ I could get my gut working right, as well. I wanted to post because I was one of those people who really struggled with withdrawal and I don’t even like bread, pizza, or pasta. Between giving up wheat in August (I gained 5 pounds in the first 3 weeks and was horribly bloated), all grains in September, and Splenda in October, I felt terrible for 3 months and only lost a few pounds, including the 5 I had gained. Everything seemed to go really slowly for me. I realize now that my gut was more damaged than I ever imagined and was taking the time to heal.

Sherri before & after

“But now, ten months later I have (finally) lost 30 pounds and feel amazing. I stopped having hot flashes the first week, I rarely have a headache anymore, I do not need allergy medicine on a daily basis. The age marks on my face are gone, my hair is growing faster and it’s growing in a different color, my gut is working and my arthritis is so much better.

“Thank you so much for leading me on this journey. I’ve learned so much from you and have read at least 30 books on nutrition and getting healthy!”

Besides the impressive “anti-aging” effect that Sherri experienced, the obstipation she previously experienced deserves some discussion. Constipation is bad; obstipation is far worse. People with obstipation are able to move their bowels once every several days to weeks, sometimes longer. They are subjected to repeated upper and lower endoscopies that invariably find nothing wrong, then advised to use laxatives and enemas. They become reliant on such strategies, but even they can fail and/or result in a colon that doesn’t work at all and can enlarge (“megacolon”) and yield obstruction (“intestinal pseudo-obstruction). Obstipation yields a constant battle to move food through. Retained stools undergo putrefaction (rotting) that messes with intestinal permeability, nutrient absorption, and bowel flora. In short, it creates a gastrointestinal disaster. I’ve now witnessed many cases of obstipation reverse with wheat/grain elimination though, as Sherri discovered, full recovery of healthy bowel function requires months of healing.

In addition to relief from obstipation and turning the clock back 10 or 20 years, Sherri also reversed allergies, headaches, arthritis, and is experiencing improvements in hair. So what were those critics saying about the Wheat Belly lifestyle being nothing more than a new spin on a low-carb diet?

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: success