Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: Rob lost about 1/3 his body weight on the Wheat Belly lifestyle

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: Rob lost about 1/3 his body weight on the Wheat Belly lifestyle

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 2/24/2015 12:00:00 PM
Edited: 5/9/2022 3:17:00 PM (1)

p id="source">Originally posted by Dr. Davis on 2015-02-24
on the Wheat Belly Blog, sourced from and currently found at: Infinite Health Blog.
PCM forum Index of WB Blog articles.

Rob lost about ⅓ his body weight on the Wheat Belly lifestyle

Robe before & after

Rob shared his Wheat Belly lifestyle experience, demonstrating a dramatic transformation in body appearance and composition:

I’m a fervent proponent of the wheat-free lifestyle, which I adopted full time in 2011 (except for an odd pizza or cupcake a few times a year). To date, I’ve lost 104 pounds.

My challenge now is to transition my children from wheat to this healthful and sustainable lifestyle!

Though he doesn’t mention it, you can be sure that Rob also experienced dramatic improvements in multiple aspects of health. Among the more prominent effects that people experience over time, especially a sustained and fairly consistent effort such as that followed by Rob:

• Reduced inflammation–reflected by reduction in measures like c-reactive protein(CRP)–no, you do not need a statin drug to reduce CRP, even though that is what most doctors tell you.

• Improved cholesterol panel–Rob can expect a dramatic increase in HDL, reduction in triglycerides, and reductions in real measured LDL values (such as NMR LDL particle number or apoprotein B, though with variable effects on the fictitious LDL cholesterol value, since it is calculated, not measured, with assumption built into the calculation that are largely invalidated by this lifestyle).

• Reduced blood pressure

• Reduced stress on weight-bearing joints–especially hips and knees

• Reduced potential for glycation–i.e., the glucose modification of proteins that is irreversible and leads to such health phenomena as cataracts, hypertension, coronary disease, stroke, cancer, and dementia.

• Reduced insulin–and restored responsiveness to insulin, furthering the anti-inflammatory benefits.

• Improved nutrient absorption–particularly iron, zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B12 (due to loss of phytates from grains)

• Reduced gastrointestinal disruption–that translates into relief from acid reflux, bowel urgency/irritable bowel syndrome, and recovery of the potential to enjoy healthy bowel flora

• Reduced potential for autoimmune diseases

• Increased testosterone levels–along with reduced estrogen (due to receding effects of excessive aromatase enzyme activity in visceral belly fat) and reduced prolactin, reflected on the surface as more muscle and freedom from man breasts.

Note that the Wheat Belly lifestyle and experiences such as Rob’s do not involve extreme exercise, deprivation, calorie counting, or other contortions. The only bending or effort required in this lifestyle is the big windup you take in chucking conventional dietary advice into the trash where it belongs.

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: success