Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: Wheat Free Market: A Look At The First Year!

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: Wheat Free Market: A Look At The First Year!

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 5/12/2014 12:00:00 PM
Edited: 5/3/2022 12:20:31 PM (1)

Originally posted by Dr. Davis on 2014-05-12
on the Wheat Belly Blog, sourced from and currently found at: Infinite Health Blog.
PCM forum Index of WB Blog articles.

Note: when mirrored for the Inner Circle in 2022, the WFMF product line included only the sweetener mentioned in the article, now bearing the Virtue branding.

Wheat Free Market: A Look At The First Year!

It’s been around a year since Gary Miller of New Jersey launched Wheat Free Market foods. Because he recognized a need for foods that are convenient and consistent with the Wheat Belly message, he sought my help in getting these products into the hands of readers.

Accordingly, I examine and approve all ingredients and recipes used in their products. They are confidently wheat-free and healthy!

Since launch, they have introduced wheat-free cookies (Almond Spice, Chocolate Chip, Shortbread), Wheat-Free Baking Mixes (Chocolate Chip Muffin Maker, Ginger Spice Muffin Maker, Mixed Berry Muffin Maker, Pizza Crust Mix, All Purpose Baking Mix), a grainless “Granola,” a sugar-free sweetener (monk fruit, erythritol), and Hot Sauces.

Yet we haven’t yet seen any WFM products on store shelves. So I thought I’d get an update from Gary himself.

was: WFM-GranolaWB: It’s been almost a year since WFM has launched foods consistent with the Wheat Belly message. Can you fill us in on what has happened over the past year — products, popularity, how widely they have been purchased?

GM: It has been a terrific experience serving the Wheat Belly community that continues to grow and grow. The impact we’ve had has been nationwide: We have shipped our products to people in all fifty states and the Virgin Islands. We are in the process of getting Canadian compliant labels so we can ship there, as well.

WB: What sort of feedback have you received for your products?

GM: The feedback has been terrific and we have been contacted by many stores this past year wanting to carry our products. I would say that our grain-free granola is our #1-selling, hallmark product and it has been the beneficiary of consistently stellar reviews. We can barely keep it stocked on the shelves!

WB: The Wheat Belly wheat-free audience is always looking for safe products that are convenient, tasty, and remain consistent with a wheat- and grain-free philosophy without resorting to any unhealthy ingredients. What are your near-term plans in the way of such new products?

GM: Over the next few months, we are planning to introduce some “bread” products, a line of crackers, and another flavor of granola.

We have just started wholesale operations, meaning we will place our products on store shelves for greater accessibility. This will also open up opportunities for all kinds of new products. Right now, shipping retail orders through the mail puts some restrictions on what can be offered.

WB: Where do you see WFM in the next 5 years? Do you predict that you will be able to compete against the big gluten-free companies that, I believe you would agree, are selling products that none of our readers should be consuming?

GM: I believe we have reached a tipping point and that wheat-free and even grain-free eating will become much more mainstream. I am sure some of the big companies will get on board, but they’ll have to wipe off a little egg on their face. Consumers are focused on health now more than ever and, when consumers change, companies have to change. We hope that we will be thought of as pioneers in the food revolution.

WB: What can we do to help?

GM: Well, if you like our mission and our products, please keep supporting us by continuing to order online, as it will take some time for us to get into local stores. Also, please ask your local health food store or natural grocer to reach out to us about carrying our products.

WB: Thanks, Gary!

Wheat Free Market foods can be found at their website, here, and conversations on their Facebook page.

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: Virtue,WFMF