Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: No fake foods for Truemarrow

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: No fake foods for Truemarrow

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 8/4/2013 12:00:00 PM
Edited: 4/30/2022 12:34:57 PM (1)

Originally posted by Dr. Davis on 2013-08-04
on the Wheat Belly Blog, sourced from and currently found at: Infinite Health Blog.
PCM forum Index of WB Blog articles.

No fake foods for Truemarrow

John has become a vocal advocate for the wheat- and grain-free lifestyle, having experienced reversals of obesity, hypertension, insomnia, anxiety, depression, and joint pains. Here’s his terrific story:

I started my journey I was 252 pounds, my blood pressure was 180/120, and I could not do my favorite physical activity, tennis, for more than 10 minutes without being out of breath. I was also having extreme trouble sleeping, I was anxious and depressed, and I had arthritic symptoms in my knees. Not sure about blood sugar, but I am sure I was prediabetic. I was also a 38 waist pushing 40 and my body fat percentage was estimated by a friend’s calipers at 30%.

My first solution towards regaining myself was exercise. I built up to be able to play hours and hours of tennis a day. I quickly realized however that 1) it is impractical to demand that of my body, and 2) not as much weight was coming off as I had hoped. So I turned to diet, and my idea of healthy was to go with “healthy grains.” I ate Subway with whole wheat for two months, oatmeal or bagels almost every morning, and my favorite snack was granola bars. After two months of this I had lost a little weight, maybe down to 235 at this point, but I felt highs and lows in energy throughout the day and I definitely hit a wall where I couldn’t lose anymore.

I saw your book promoted on a favorite site of mine, and I listened to a few podcasts of you. I had been thinking of giving up the carbs by that point, but you provided me with the confidence and scientific knowledge I needed. My diet gradually evolved into a vegetable- and protein-based diet with moderate fruit consumption and absolutely no wheat whatsoever, though I also avoid grains altogether 90% of the time.

My typical eating is fast ’til lunch, then have a big spinach or kale salad loaded with veggies and a healthy protein such as grass fed beef, organic chicken breast, free range eggs, wild Alaskan salmon, wild caught shrimp, or sardines. Dinner is more of the same, but I do things like cauliflower rice and fried cabbage, and I always cap the night off with a probiotic dessert: full-fat Greek yogurt with cocoa powder, nuts (macadamians, almonds, or walnuts), and a melon or berry fruit. Sometimes I add organic honey and a mashed avocado into that, or dark chocolate instead of cocoa powder. I am very big on avocados. When I get in the mood for breakfast, it is almost invariably a free-range omelette and a glass of green tea. Snacks are vegetables, nuts, and cheese combinations, and sometimes a piece of fruit or raw tempeh. Loads of spinach, kale, and vegetables of all kinds are my must-haves each day. Besides yogurt and cheese, I don’t consume much dairy and I switched to coconut or almond milk.

Wheat doesn’t factor into my diet whatsoever anymore. I avoid almost all processed foods, make my own dressing, and don’t take supplements. Currently , I am 179 lbs [down 73 lbs!], my last blood pressure reading was 115/74, my waist is now a 34 pushing 32, my body fat is 15%. I have abundant energy, I sleep like a baby, I virtually have no arthritic conditions or symptoms in my knee. Headaches I was getting are a thing of the past. I feel neither anxious nor depressed, and am very competitive on the tennis court again. And, while I do exercise, it is no where near the insane amounts I thought I had to initially. The thing I find most amazing is that I am never hungry or experience that “must eat” feeling, such as right after work or in the morning. It’s so different now, almost like a daylong satiation. To eat a salad and a steak and not even feel disgustingly full after it is such a drastic difference from the pasta plates and pizza I used to consume. It’s a beautiful thing.

The blog and facebook page that I run, Truemarrow, is all about the lifestyle I now lead and helping others for inspiration, examples of what to eat, and the process of transformation altogether. It is 100% committed to helping people live beyond wheat- and grain-based diets. It takes a holistic approach and will focus on things like exercise and meditation and simplicity, and will be told through my story and ongoing experiment.

John has created a YouTube video summarizing his experience.

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: