Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: London Belly

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: London Belly

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 7/4/2013 12:00:00 PM
Edited: 4/30/2022 12:29:53 PM (1)

Originally posted by Dr. Davis on 2013-07-04
on the Wheat Belly Blog, sourced from and currently found at: Infinite Health Blog.
PCM forum Index of WB Blog articles.

London Belly

was: London meal1People successfully navigate a wheat-free lifestyle while at home. But what about while traveling?

We’ve heard from many readers how they have traveled different parts of the world. It can take some effort, but most people have found they can travel safely with minimal to no inadvertent wheat exposure.

Pictured is a meal I recently had in a small restaurant featuring Argentinian cuisine in the Westminster area of London, England. I enjoyed several meals over the course of a week and had no problem whatsoever in avoiding wheat. Yes, it was offered in the form of dinner rolls, cookies and scones, and the many other familiar forms, but avoiding the obvious and hidden sources proved relatively easy and little different from navigating wheat landmines in North America. Stopping in several London pubs along the way, I enjoyed an occasional glass of Stella Artois lager, a wheat-free beer (but not necessarily gluten-free). (Pubs typically now offer substantial lists of open bottles of wine, too, if you wish to be absolutely gluten-free, as well.)

In the countryside, I saw many fields of closely-spaced stalks of wheat. As harvest time is drawing near, most fields stood the expected 18 or so inches high, representing the semi-dwarf creation of genetics research.

London, by the way, has no shortage of wheat bellies. While the population of the city are surprisingly youthful, I spied many, many overweight people among the crowds (and, yes, speaking with English accents).

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: UK