Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: The perfect Wheat Belly story

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: The perfect Wheat Belly story

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 5/24/2013 12:00:00 PM
Edited: 4/30/2022 12:25:17 PM (1)

Originally posted by Dr. Davis on 2013-05-24
on the Wheat Belly Blog, sourced from and currently found at: Infinite Health Blog.
PCM forum Index of WB Blog articles.

The perfect Wheat Belly story

Peter posted this wonderful comment that sums up many of the most common positive experiences people have when following this wheat-free lifestyle:

I am a 53-year old male who considers himself in good physical condition. However, my weight has been creeping up and up over the past 10 years. I am very active and was a bit concerned about my weight gain; always felt I ate properly and am not a drinker. I exercise regularly and play hockey on a regular basis.

In December, 2012, I had rotator cuff surgery and was off work for 4 months recovering. I was worried about additional weight gain and blood sugar issues, as diabetes runs in my family. A colleague of my wife recommended a book called Wheat Belly, as they have had great results from changing their patterns of eating.

I am a Phys Ed grad with a health sciences background and read the book cover to cover one morning. It made physiological sense to me.

As of the end of February, 2013, I have not had any wheat. I do not weigh myself that often. However, I noticed my pants becoming looser all of the time. Upon my return to work in April, 2013, I weighed myself on the medical scales at work and, to my shock, I was down 15 lbs. As of last week, I weighed in at 194lbs (I am 6 ft 2 inches).

At the time of my operation December 11, 2012, I was 219 lbs. In the months following, I did not exercise at all, as the jarring on my shoulder was too painful. Just last week, I began my recovery to running. I am the lightest since my first year of university (1979) and am almost into suits that I have not been able to get into for 15 years.

I am a believer in this lifestyle. It is not a diet, either; it is an attitude swing and changing up food groups to maximize your health. It is easily sustainable and the cost difference is minimal when grocery shopping.

I have dropped from a 36.5-inch waist to a 34-inch waist; my sleeping is much better, I have no more hunger spikes during the mid-morning or mid-afternoon, my eczema has cleared up as well. The first couple of days I did have withdrawal symptoms, such as headaches; however, by the end of the week, I was fine. Our entire family (my wife who is 52,and sons 23 and 21 years) have eliminated wheat from their diets as well and all have the same results: better sleep patterns, no more bloating in the mid section.

I highly recommend this change of eating to everyone; I am truly amazed at the results.

Peter’s story encapsulates so many of the Wheat Belly arguments that I had to pass it on: freedom from the incessant hunger triggered by wheat, better sleep, relief from eczema, loss of abdominal fat, weight loss. Yes, he experienced the opiate withdrawal from stopping the ingestion of the gliadin protein of wheat, but he survived and lived to talk about it!

This is why I call wheat “the perfect chronic poison” and why elimination of all wheat is the most powerful strategy for regaining control over health and weight I have seen . . . ever!

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: