Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: Saved by an angel

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: Saved by an angel

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 4/23/2013 12:00:00 PM
Edited: 4/30/2022 12:20:33 PM (1)

Originally posted by Dr. Davis on 2013-04-23
on the Wheat Belly Blog, sourced from and currently found at: Infinite Health Blog.
PCM forum Index of WB Blog articles.

Saved by an angel

Kory posted this inspiring story of life turned around with wheat elimination:

You have changed my life and it didn’t take long.

I was pushing 195 lbs, which is huge for a woman who is 5ft 4in. I hid it well, though: most people just thought I was pregnant and kept asking when I was due.

I am a lifeguard, so I am always swimming and active, but my belly just kept growing. I went to a popular weight loss company for help. I said I was hungry; they said fill up on “whole fibers,” so I bought steel-cut oats, wheat germ, and put it in everything, but my weight just went up–even when I was working out 5 times a week for an 1.5 hrs, plus swimming 3 times a week!

I ended up in the hospital one night with my belly hurting sooo bad I thought I was going to explode. Test after test came back and nothing was found. A nurse (an angel) came in to check on me and quietly asked if I had heard of “The Wheat Belly” book. I read it and started right away. I have lost over 35 lbs, my arthritis is gone, and what’s more important than the weight loss is that I have gone from a size 16/18 to an 8/10. My doctor is amazed, as are my family and friends. It only took a month and half to lose 30 lbs. The tummy was flat within a matter of weeks.

My husband loves how I look and feel. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

I can’t stop talking about your wonderful life-changing book. I will never go back! I only wish everyone could experience what I have! I am looking forward to the summer for the first time in many years!

Isn’t that wonderful? Kory makes an important point: Yes, wheat elimination can yield substantial weight loss from visceral fat–30 pounds and several inches–but the health benefits are what really matter. The relief from arthritis means that inflammation has been reduced or turned off. The loss of visceral fat means that measures like blood sugar, insulin, HDL, triglycerides, small LDL particles, c-reactive protein and other inflammatory mediators, blood pressure, and estrogen have improved across the board. It means that she has reduced or eliminated the risk for metabolic syndrome, diabetes, dementia, breast cancer, and heart disease.

Yes: Eliminating the food we are all told to eat MORE of–“healthy whole grains”–transforms health.

Wouldn’t one big collective “I’m sorry” be nice to hear from the USDA, the U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services, the Academy for Nutrition and Dietetics, the American Heart Association, the American Diabetes Association, and the Surgeon General’s office? “We’re sorry: We were wrong. We should never have provided such advice based on misinterpretation, misperception, and naivete about agribusiness and agricultural genetics.” Ah, but then watch the legal fireworks start with such admissions of wrongdoing. So guess what: It ain’t never gonna happen!

This is why it is so important for everyone to review the facts, consider the arguments, then make your own decision–because the right answer will NEVER come from the agencies that got us here.

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: