Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: Better late than never!

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: Better late than never!

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 12/14/2012 12:00:00 PM
Edited: 4/30/2022 11:20:19 AM (2)

Sourced from: Infinite Health Blog, by Dr. Davis, originally posted on the Wheat Belly Blog: 2012-12-14

Better late than never!

Wanda posted this tale of wheat-free success after gastric sleeve surgery to lose weight. She is finding weight loss success with reduced cravings by removing the appetite stimulant that likely led her down the path of “needing” such a procedure in the first place.

Of course, I hope that, by talking about wheat and experiences like Wanda’s, more people hear this message before they undergo a weight loss procedure . . . needlessly.

For many years, I too tried everything to lose weight, with little or no results. Not one doctor I ever have been to suggested anything other than “calories in/calories out and exercise” and proceeded to keep me on high blood pressure meds, antidepressants, fluid pills, anti-anxiety meds, and learn how to live with arthritis. I also was found to have a Vit D3 deficiency.

There are no words to describe how the extra weight took its toll on my body, mind, and spirit, not to mention the frustration of unanswered questions regarding my obesity and why nothing would work for me.

I just turned 60 and almost a year ago, I was knocking on the door of 300 lbs. I made the decision to have the gastric sleeve surgery because I did not want a foreign object in my body with the chance of something growing to it or having to deal with the side effects. Because I had no insurance coverage, after much research, I went to Mexico to have the surgery, which was a very positive experience.

Today, I have lost almost 70 lbs and no longer take any medications and very rarely see a physician other than my yearly physical. A few months ago, my blood test were all normal, along with my blood pressure.

But, I still deal with the joint pain and have headaches. This past Monday, I stumbled upon the Dr. Oz Show and watched the episode about wheat. I will tell you that because of so many “fads” in the past, I was a little skeptical, but kept an open mind, bought the book and began my research.

Hearing Dr. Davis talk about how wheat affected the brain caught my attention in a big way. I was sold and spent the rest of the day cleaning out my cabinets and frig, the next day several hours at the grocery store reading labels.

My husband is type 2 diabetic and as of Tuesday, we are both wheat/gluten free, our cravings are almost completely gone (mine was on an every 2 hour schedule–yes, I was grazing). I now understand and it is no coincidence that this information has come into our lives at this time.

We are keeping a close watch on my husbands blood sugars so as to notify his physician when the numbers change and hopefully eventually become med-free also.(He is not obese, but wants to lose a few pounds)

I have experienced some withdrawals the past few days but I figure it is better to stop cold turkey rather than hurt. You get so tired of the pain! I actually thought I would miss bread due to it being my best friend for so many years here in the south, but I don’t even think about it or crave it. As a matter of fact, I don’t have actual cravings at all now.

It is because of people like Dr. Davis which gives us hope that not all things are “just in our minds” and we are told to “get over it”.

Thank you Dr. Davis for speaking out. It is a long row to hoe, but one that is so badly needed. Your voice will be heard in more than one way. We are very grateful for your truth and your courage!

The world of bariatric surgery is yet another instance of how an entire industry has developed to accommodate to the perverse health effects of wheat, the appetite-stimulation that develops with exposure to the gliadin protein that binds to the brain’s opiate receptors and triggers appetite. This surgery is NOT benign: Even beyond the initial risk of the procedure itself, which involves measurable mortality (death), there are long-term nutritional deficiencies, weight regain, as well as serious illness and death.

Anyone contemplating such a procedure would be far better served to first ask whether they have been unwittingly exposed to the appetite-stimulating effects of modern wheat that make them helpless consumers of food, at the mercy of a perverse chemical that causes people to gain 100, 200, or more pounds.

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: