Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: Mystery Bump

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: Mystery Bump

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 10/22/2012 12:00:00 PM
Edited: 4/30/2022 10:58:30 AM (2)

Sourced from: Infinite Health Blog, by Dr. Davis, originally posted on the Wheat Belly Blog: 2012-10-22

Mystery Bump

Are more women delivering babies . . . but didn’t know they were pregnant?

While I know of no formal tabulation, it seems that I’ve been hearing more and more about these surprise babies. There was even a reality TV show that lasted four seasons(!) about just this issue: Women who, unaware for nine months that they had a growing fetus, then child, in their uterus, develop abdominal pain and, poof: It’s a baby!

(I once witnessed this in a very smart lady, around 30 years old, a nurse, who developed abdominal pain and went to her local emergency room. One look and the ER doctor told her she was pregnant and delivered a healthy 7+ pound baby boy. When she showed me her baby, I thought she was just showing off a friend’s baby. I have to say I embarrassed her with my inadvertent but obvious incredulity.)

The protuberant visceral fat of the wheat belly is among the signature signs of consumption of this grain, perfectly crafted for weight gain, particularly in the form of visceral fat, i.e., the deep, inflammatory fat that encircles the abdominal organs. Modern wheat accomplishes this effect via amylopectin A, the “complex” carbohydrate that raises blood sugar and insulin higher than simple sugars; the gliadin protein that binds to the opiate receptors of the human brain, stimulating appetite and increasing calorie intake by 440 calories per day; it’s due to the combined inflammatory effects of gliadin that unlocks normal intestinal barriers and making it “leaky” to foreign proteins and to wheat germ agglutinin that triggers body-wide inflammation, all of which blocks the effects of insulin, making insulin resistance worse; and possibly via wheat germ agglutinin’s blocking of the hormone of satiety, leptin, generating leptin resistance.

Was there any other time in history when women could deliver a term infant by surprise? Perhaps in Victorian times or other periods characterized by extravagant gowns and elaborate clothing, women could purposefully conceal a growing baby. But could stealth pregnancy and surprise delivery have occurred in any other culture, at any other time–without the mother even noticing?

The visceral fat of wheat and carbohydrate consumption has become so commonplace that women think it’s not unusual to have a wheat-bump . . . but occasionally it’s a baby. The perversions of life that develop from this world of eating “healthy whole grains” never cease to astound.

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: