Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: You know what, Wheat? You give me a headache!

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: You know what, Wheat? You give me a headache!

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 9/10/2012 12:00:00 PM
Edited: 4/30/2022 10:52:35 AM (2)

Sourced from: Infinite Health Blog, by Dr. Davis, originally posted on the Wheat Belly Blog: 2012-09-10

You know what, Wheat? You give me a headache!

Kathy posted this story of successful relief from decades of migraine headaches.

And, oh yes, she also lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks: no extreme exercise or calorie counting required!

Dr Davis, here is my story so far. Today, Sept. 9th, is the start of my fourth week on the wheat-free, grain-free way of life. I didn’t say “diet” because, when I tell you my results, you’ll understand why I’m not going back to eating foods that have been incapacitating me since the 1980′s.

I am almost 59 yrs old, 5’ 2½″, and three weeks ago I weighed 160lbs. Ugh! I felt so tired and achy all the time and a typical day for me after work was to hit the couch and on weekends I had enough energy to just get a few things done and again spend most of the weekend laying around, wondering why I’m always so tired.

I have had migraine headaches since the 1980′s. Notice the date from above. I don’t mean just a little ol’ headache once in a while, but a head-pounding, hugging the toilet, F.M.L.A. from work, sicker-than-a-dog migraine. And almost always after taking the prescribed meds (Imitrex or Zomig or Maxalt), I felt so terrible I could barely function. And this was after the migraine was gone! At times I would take a Vicodin for the after-effects the medicine was causing, but never for the migraine itself because that just made them worse.

The first week I was detoxing from the wheat and other grains, I had a migraine every day for five days straight. Then on day six I woke up with a “headache” that OTC [over-the-counter] meds got rid of. That was a first for me! Now three weeks into this I have had three migraines, but I took the same amount of meds and something strange has been happening: The migraine goes away rather quickly and there are no after-effects at all. It’s like I never had one in the first place. I am completely stunned and can’t believe that getting rid of the junk I’ve been consuming has made this kind of difference.

If I had only known this 25 years ago! And by the way, I’ve lost 10 pounds in these last three weeks and I feel great! I hope that other people suffering with migraines will give this a try. Thank you so much!

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: