Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: On again, off again

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: On again, off again

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 1

Posted: 6/30/2012 12:00:00 PM
Edited: 4/30/2022 10:40:38 AM (2)

Sourced from: Infinite Health Blog, by Dr. Davis, originally posted on the Wheat Belly Blog: 2012-06-30

On again, off again

Alex left this comment that perfectly describes the on again, off again phenomenon of wheat consumption:

I’m in my late 40s and have had IBD/Crohns diagnosed for several years after being hospitalised over a scary event. I’ve had abdominal pains for years and years without any apparent cause (beyond the usual poor lifestyle choices.

I changed my diet and lifestyle to remove most of the bad stuff and increased my consumption of whole wheat grains because that’s what I believed was the healthy thing to do.

No change – just the same pain and now adding weight!

My sister, who is vastly more knowledgeable on these matters, relayed the advice she had received for similar complaint: cut all wheat out. . . Now! So I did!

I’ve found my abdominal pains have mostly disappeared (YAY!), my gastro health much improved and as a nice additional benefit, I’ve dropped around 20 pounds in around 4 months to reach 180 pounds so far.

THEN I found and read your book “Wheat Belly”. Great read. :)

So I took the test – from several months of pain free condition, ate 2 slices of whole grain twice, 24 hrs apart.

Well after a couple of hours, abdominal muscle pain, internal cramping, inflammed back end, gas, all the familiar and not so welcome conditions I remember very well. Getting worse ’til 24 hrs after last wheat.

48 hrs after last eating wheat and mostly back to a comfortable state. I was NOT imagining it.
Would I eat wheat again? NO SIR.

Now I know what’s going on !

In other words, re-exposure to wheat that recreates all the unwanted symptoms that you used to experience is proof-positive of a cause-effect situation. Alex re-experienced all the phenomena attributed to his Crohn’s disease and irritable bowel syndrome, all back with a vengeance with just a few slices of whole grain bread.

Elimination of modern semi-dwarf wheat, the brainchild of genetics research in the 1970s, is not just about weight loss; it is about relief from an astounding array of health conditions from hypertension to dementia. And they are all subject to this on again, off again effect if there is any doubt.

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: re-exposure