Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: The Big Fat Whole Grain Secret

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: The Big Fat Whole Grain Secret

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 6/7/2012 12:00:00 PM
Edited: 4/30/2022 10:38:03 AM (2)

Sourced from: Infinite Health Blog, by Dr. Davis, originally posted on the Wheat Belly Blog: 2012-06-07

The Big Fat Whole Grain Secret

Here’s another spectacular story of early wheat-free success posted by Cora:

I’m here today because I’ve been eating grain-free for three weeks now, and I’ve lost 6kg [13.2 lbs].

I cannot believe it. This is weight that I have struggled with for 7 years now, and showed no signs of going. I’ve tried Atkins (so complicated and overwhelming, gave up, lost no weight after a month anyway, pointless, and felt like a lard ball so much, I hated it) tried Weight Watchers, after 6 months I’d bounced around the same small range of weight variation, it barely seemed worth it. Plus, all the weighing and counting calories and watching other people eat things I wanted. I was also spending a lot of my points on wheat products, and I was always hungry, I was always eating, I was starving, malnourished I think, and still getting fatter. Plus they aren’t cheap to join. Wish I’d saved the money, but I really thought it would help.

But anyway, back to today. Weight is falling off me. And I don’t think I’ve done anything at all. No hard work, that’s for sure. I’m eating whatever I feel like, and suddenly I’m not mindlessly grazing all day, my veggie intake has tripled, and while I used to believe you had to have about 1/3 or 1/3 your plate of white/brown carbs, now I realise that is completely rubbish, in every sense of the word.

I used to eat a wheat-based cereal for breakfast, sandwiches or wraps for lunch, rice pasta or noodles for dinner, and snacks were crackers or cakes or whatever – but in hindsight my diet was about 85% wheat every day. It was the starting point, and then you added meat or veg to it. Absolutely awful.

Three weeks later, weight is melting away, I’m eating a much more interesting range of foods (who knew kale was this fabulous!?) and loving every second of it. The only thing I don’t understand is why it’s all so secret. Why people insist that wheat and grains are so wonderful, and everyone wonders why we’re all so fat these days, getting morbidly obese, diabetes and so on. I get the feeling people are scratching their heads, and have no idea what is going on . . . but yet, it’s so simple.

My friend is a nutrition student (and struggles with major weight control issues) and today I told her how I was losing the weight. She is insisting that I will need to reintroduce grains after a while or I will suffer, and get tired all the time. Remains to be seen. I feel that there can’t be any nutrient in grains that I cannot get from vegetables and meat. She says you need good source of carbs to survive. I feel that they just contribute to weight gain and mild depression. At the moment I have no intention of ever going back. She can eat it if she wants, but i fully intend to remain grain free for the rest of my long, healthy, thinner, happier life.

I find it ironic that it is the nutrition student who insists that Cora return to the food that was clearly destroying her health, just because she is taught this dogma in school with faculty likely supported by Big Food. How far wrong can conventional dietary “wisdom” be while health is ruined and weight and appetite are uncontrollable?

Say goodbye to wheat, say goodbye to the opiate-like effects of gliadin, say hello to control over your own appetite, food choices, and life.

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: