Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: Am I too skinny?

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: Am I too skinny?

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 7/26/2012 12:00:00 PM
Edited: 4/30/2022 10:45:18 AM (2)

Sourced from: Infinite Health Blog, by Dr. Davis, originally posted on the Wheat Belly Blog: 2012-07-26

Am I too skinny?

“Everybody says I’m too skinny!” At 5 ft 3 inches and 116 pounds, BMI 20.5, Jean was indeed slender.

“People ask if I’m sick. ‘Do you have cancer?’ they ask. I think I’ve lost too much weight. And I think I’m still losing weight.”

As more and more people lose substantial quantities of weight, this question comes up with increasing frequency. Does total elimination of wheat, followed by limiting other carbohydrates, result in excessive weight loss?

In general, it does not. It results in weight loss to normal weight. The problem: We live in a world of fat. We live in a world in which more people are overweight, obese, or super-obese than ever before in human history. Adults are fat, the elderly are fat, college kids are fat, teenagers are fat, kids are fat. If you live and work in the U.S., you are likely fat.

Standing next to fat neighbors, family, and friends, Jean looks abnormally skinny. In truth, Jean is normal. But she is normal in an overweight world.

It’s surprising to see how often this question comes up among us wheatless folk. Mark my words: Those of you following these discussions will be hearing this question more often as the months pass and people lose 30, 50, 70 or more pounds . . . while the rest of the worlds careens farther and farther down the path of astounding degrees of obesity.

If you are among the few who truly are too slender, consider increasing calories from fat and protein–more eggs, meats, cheese, olive oil, avocados; consider strength training, since approximately a third of lost weight is lost muscle that can be easily regained; consider adding back modest quantities of non-wheat carbohydrates such as wild rice, sweet potatoes, and quinoa (½ cup is a safe quantity for most people; more and small LDL particles are triggered, as are higher blood sugars).

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: BMI,slender