Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: Don’t get all puffed up

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: Don’t get all puffed up

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 3/8/2012 12:00:00 PM
Edited: 4/30/2022 10:29:03 AM (5)

Sourced from: Infinite Health Blog, by Dr. Davis, originally posted on the Wheat Belly Blog: 2012-03-08

Don’t get all puffed up

Jodie tells her story of relief from the extraordinary puffiness characteristic of wheat consumers:

I can’t believe it’s been nearly 7 months since I went wheat-free!

It was last August when my whole life changed. I had been suffering from a mysterious pain in the lower half of my legs along with a serious lack of energy and acid reflux for nearly three years. The condition had been getting continually worse. I had put on weight and my blood pressure and blood glucose level had been rising, too.

I went on a diet to try to bring my health back in line. Lucky for me, the diet program I chose basically eliminated all grains in the initial phase. I noticed pretty quickly the dramatic change in my body, excluding the huge weight loss I experienced! I dropped 15 lbs. in less than 3 weeks! As it turns out, it was mostly water – eliminating grains had helped deflate some of my inflammation. My “puffiness” was gone!

Shortly after that, I read about your book, “Wheat Belly,” in a magazine. I immediately went to Amazon and purchased the book. I downloaded it to my iPad so I wouldn’t have to wait for it. I read it from cover to cover that same day. I was amazed at how little I knew about our current supply of wheat and other grains. I’m a huge advocate for non-GMO foods and these days try to buy organic local foods as much as possible.

I now know that my body also doesn’t process dairy well. So I’ve been wheat-free and dairy-free for the past three months. The pain and swelling in my legs are completely gone, the overall “puffiness” I had is gone and I’m back to exercising several days a week again. I feel great and have so much more energy!

Some other minor ailments have also subsided – I have a problem with flaky, itchy scalp which has basically subsided since giving up both wheat and dairy. Soon, I’m hoping to eliminate my medicated shampoo. I no longer need Nexium for the painful acid reflux I used to have.

Life is good. Yes, I’ve had to give up a few comfort foods but what I’ve gained back has made it seem like a very small price to pay. Thank you so much for your book. It’s completely changed my life for the better!

“Eat more healthy whole grains” . . . and be exposed to the wheat lectin, wheat germ agglutinin, that causes abnormal intestinal permeability to foreign substances, and gliadin that has direct inflammatory effects in the body, as well as the hundred or more other unique proteins generated in high-yield semi-dwarf strains of this creation of geneticists called “wheat.”

Reject “healthy whole grains” and life is, indeed, very good, Jodie!

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: edema