Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: It’s not lack of exercise . . . It’s the wheat

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: It’s not lack of exercise . . . It’s the wheat

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 1

Posted: 2/25/2012 12:00:00 PM
Edited: 4/30/2022 10:24:19 AM (3)

Sourced from: Infinite Health Blog, by Dr. Davis, originally posted on the Wheat Belly Blog: 2012-02-25

It’s not lack of exercise . . . It’s the wheat

Jeanine left this telling tale of gaining weight despite vigorous exercise.

We see this day in, day out: People who exercise, even to extreme degrees, who are unable to control weight. We see it on overweight professional athletes. We see it in overweight triathletes, marathon runners, and long-distance bikers. A big part of the motivation driving such extreme exercise efforts is a desire for . . . weight loss.

But it’s not the exercise that represents the crucial factor here. It’s the wheat.

As of today, I have lost 30 pounds following Wheat Belly. My original goal was to lose 40 pounds, and someday that might happen. But what I realized along the way is that it’s more important to be “healthy“ and today that has become a reality.

Last September, I went to the doctor for my annual physical and realized that my weight put me at just shy of “obese.“ I had been trying off and on for years to lose weight and the news that day couldn’t have been more depressing. I had been running three times a week for the previous five months, and instead of losing weight – I had gained. [Emphasis mine.]

Since an increase in exercise did nothing for me, I became obsessed with nutrition and trying to figure out the exact combination of foods and calories would lead to weight loss. I read a lot of books and studied the Food Pyramid. When I read “Wheat Belly“, it’s like a light bulb went off and I decided to give wheat-free eating a try.

I couldn’t believe the success I had right away. I thought for sure it wouldn’t last. I even weighed myself every day because it helped me to see the effects when I was eating right and when I wasn’t. Forget calories in/calories out…I finally knew how to lose weight.

Today’s milestone is a big one. I’m “healthy“ according to several different measurements and I hope that I never have to worry about being in the “unhealthy“ range ever again. I’m planning to start running again in the spring, but this time it will be for pleasure and not for exercise.

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: CICO