Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: Opera tenor does Wheat Belly

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: Opera tenor does Wheat Belly

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 1

Posted: 2/9/2012 12:00:00 PM
Edited: 4/30/2022 10:20:03 AM (2)

Sourced from: Infinite Health Blog, by Dr. Davis, originally posted on the Wheat Belly Blog: 2012-02-09

Opera tenor does Wheat Belly

Jon, an attorney, left this wonderful story of newly-discovered relief from the plagues of acid reflux sans wheat:

I have been wheat-free for the last 6 weeks since reading your book.

I am a 43-year old male and have suffered from acid-reflux for the last 20 years (maybe longer). I first noticed severe symptoms in my first year at law school. For approximately the last 5-years (prior to reading your book) I “managed” my reflux by eating frequent small meals, taking Nexium and avoiding triggers such as raw onions, chicken fat and caffeine.

Within days of going wheat-free the reflux left and has not returned! No longer do chicken fat and raw onions cause excess acid and my esophagus to cramp and spasm in terrible pain. In fact, none of the paleo foods I have tried have bothered my stomach. After 6-weeks, I think it”s safe to assume that it was the wheat in combination with the impugned foods and not the impugned foods in and of themselves that were the problem.

Not only did going wheat-free alleviate a chronic discomfort, it has allowed me to re-pursue my avocation with renewed vigor. I am an opera singer in my spare and sometimes not-so-spare time. Both the fear and the real effect of reflux on my vocal chords often wreaked havoc on my physical and mental preparation for concerts and shows. I am thrilled to say that both the fear of reflux and the reflux itself are gone. I recently performed a Bach cantata while wheat-free and there was no trace of reflux before, during or after the show. For me, that was remarkable.

Needless to say, I am singing the praises of your book.

Relief from acid reflux is among the most consistent observations of the wheat-free. The $100 billion–Billion–annual market for acid reflux-suppressing drugs, among the biggest selling drugs ever made such as Prilosec, Nexium, and Protonix, has been an incredible cash cow for the pharmaceutical industry. Imagine this market drying up as more and more people go wheat-free and spare themselves from the long-term side-effects of osteoporosis, vitamin B12 deficiency, and increased potential for pneumonia characteristic of this class of drugs.

Sorry, Jon, if you are not a tenor. But I’d love to hear some of your performance. Any links to recordings?

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: