Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: Diabeti illuminati

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: Diabeti illuminati

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 1/31/2012 12:00:00 PM
Edited: 4/30/2022 10:06:27 AM (2)

Sourced from: Infinite Health Blog, by Dr. Davis, originally posted on the Wheat Belly Blog: 2012-01-31

Diabeti illuminati

Terry May, a reader of this blog and a diabetic, posted this wonderful comment on how he reduced his reliance on insulin and is in the process of getting rid of diabetes by banning all wheat from his life:

Before, I was taking 90 units of long-acting insulin at bedtime and 15 to 20 units of rapid-acting with each meal. Glucose was hard to control and I could not get a handle on sugars quite often, especially morning reads. I was physically tired and mentally fatigued.

Since adopting the Wheat Belly approach, 7 weeks ago, I am now taking 30 units of long-acting insulin at bedtime (down from 90) and NO insulin with meals. Yes…that is 30 units total, a reduction of about 100 units daily if one combines the two types I was using.

I have lost 20 pounds, my energy is amazing, mental fatigue is reduced incredibly, I’m sleeping better, I want to get up and get going, I am exercising again.

I went to the diabetes education centre this month and amazed my treatment team. My sugar readings are approaching readings that are as good as when I was non-diabetic. Morning readings such as 5 to 6 [90 to 108 mg/dl] and post meal readings from 6 to 8 [108 to 144 mg/dl) with NO double digit readings in 6 weeks.

I do not care about the debates anymore. I’m 60 years of age now and tired of controversy. “Thank you Dr. William Davis” is my closing comment.

Now there’s something unique…thanking someone for giving you back your quality of life. “The unsophisticated statistician uses statistics as a drunken person uses lamp posts: for support rather than illumination.”

How life-changing is it to go from dosing yourself with insulin injections at high-doses four times a day, to rejecting the conventional notion of “healthy whole grains” and high-carbohydrate eating, to weight loss followed by dramatic reduction in need for insulin down to once-per-day? And, I predict, Terry will be able to say goodbye entirely to insulin, and perhaps any diabetes drug at all, near-future.

I’d say that is pretty damn miraculous. All accomplished with some changes in food choices–no surgery, implantable artificial pancreas, insulin pump, lap band surgery.

By the way, Terry, to maximize the likelihood of saying goodbye to diabetes all the way, aim for no change in blood glucose when comparing pre-meal to the 1-hour post. NO CHANGE. If blood glucose goes up, look at your meal and reduce or remove the culprit carbohydrate food next time. Do this repeatedly and fasting glucose trends downward.

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: T2D,T2DM