Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: “Think beyond the wheat”

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: “Think beyond the wheat”

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 1/27/2012 12:00:00 PM
Edited: 4/30/2022 10:05:51 AM (2)

Sourced from: Infinite Health Blog, by Dr. Davis, originally posted on the Wheat Belly Blog: 2012-01-27

“Think beyond the wheat”

WheatFreeBelle left this wonderful comment about the first 4 weeks of her wheat-elimination experience:

4 weeks ago I started my wheat free lifestyle and I am happy to say that since then, I have lost 12 lbs, 5 inches overall (hips and waist) and above and beyond that, I feel GREAT! My partner started with me and has lost 7 lbs himself and the recurrent IBS and tummy issues, and sluggishness have all disappeared.
I can eat foods that used to give me so many digestion problems and I’m not scientist or expert, but without the components of wheat to react with . . . the stomach issues have literally disappeared.

I am a foodie, and love to eat and cook and my weakness . . . pastries!

I didn’t think that I would be able to make such a drastic change to my diet, but after the first few days – it became easier to let go of the idea of wheat and eating it. I became more conscious of the foods that are all around me, at the grocery store, at the coffee shops, everywhere! I have to say that breakfast was the hardest meal to adjust – what would I do without my low-fat cranberry bran muffin, cereal or banana loaf everyday?? I learned that there are options, lots of them, if you allow yourself to think beyond the wheat.
I eat and enjoy many foods that I never thought to try before and continue to educate myself on wheat free recipes and meal plans and most of all, without feeling deprived.

In one instance where I had very little options for dinner (was on a road trip and nothing was open) so I did the old drive thru window and chose the breaded chicken, not thinking that breaded meant wheat filled! What a mistake!! The next day was absolutely horrible on my system and I have to say, its just not worth that kind of suffering to bring wheat back into my diet.

The change to my overall wellness is more than I imagined. I have a better attitude overall, and the afternoon withdrawals have disappeared. Blood pressure and stress have also lowered significantly.
Muscles and joint pains are gone and if I have a craving for a treat once in awhile I know that there are a multitude of wheat free foods.

Dr. Davis, THANK YOU for your inspiration and the tools to educate myself and so many others on the damaging effects of wheat.

I know that I have a long way to go yet but I am sure that this lifestyle change will be something that I can stick to for as long as I choose.

This success beats any slice of cake or buttered toast and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

Many see the Wheat Belly approach as a diet. But it’s so much more than that, as WheatFreeBelle’s story demonstrates. It’s about feeling happier, being better able to focus and concentrate, freedom from the multitude of aches, pains, and swelling that wheat consumptions causes. The total effect of wheat elimination is truly greater than the sum of its parts: 2 + 2 = 11.

How many of us have had to endure, for instance, that feeling of bowel urgency that springs on you while driving or in the middle of a meeting? Or the hand swelling and wrist pain that impairs your ability to write, type on a keyboard, or play a musical instrument? Or the overwhelming mental fog and fatigue that follows in the wake of your bran muffin or turkey sandwich?

“Think beyond the wheat” and reopen your eyes to the many foods that don’t inflame, impair, immobilize.

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: