Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: Low back pain, chiropractors, NSAIDs, narcotics . . and wheat

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: Low back pain, chiropractors, NSAIDs, narcotics . . and wheat

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 1/6/2012 12:00:00 PM
Edited: 4/30/2022 10:02:38 AM (2)

Sourced from: Infinite Health Blog, by Dr. Davis, originally posted on the Wheat Belly Blog: 2012-01-06

Low back pain, chiropractors, NSAIDs, narcotics . . and wheat

I believe we need to add back pain to the list of common health conditions that are relieved with wheat elimination.

Not to say that all back pain goes away with wheat; it course it does not. But there are people who obtain substantial relief from even years of debilitating pain with wheat elimination. Witness Wendi’s story:

I just wanted to say “Thank You!” You did in two days what several doctors couldn’t do in 3 years.

I began having lower back pain – significant lower back pain – a little over three years ago. Nobody could find what was causing it and i was ultimately told to take up yoga to strengthen my core muscles and learn to relax.

The pain interfered with every aspect of my life. It disrupted my sleep. It made daily chores difficult and unpleasant. I couldn’t stand still for more than a few seconds without the pain becoming unbearable. Because I also needed to lose weight, I began looking for options to accomplish that and quite by accident stumbled across Wheat Belly. In spite of my dismay at the thought of giving up all the lovely baked goods, I figured I could try it for a couple weeks to see if it would lessen the level of pain. If it didn’t work, no harm, no foul and maybe I’d lose a couple pounds in the process.

It was with much skepticism that I woke up Tuesday, January 3, 2012 resolved to cut not just wheat but all grains out of my diet for two weeks and see what happened. This morning (1/5/12), the very first thing I noticed was that my alarm clock woke me up. It took a few seconds for it to register just how unusual that was and a few more seconds to realize that I didn’t hurt. I hadn’t woke even once to adjust my position to relieve some of the pain. The screaming agony that woke me up every morning for the last 3 years before my alarm had a chance to go off was no where to be found. I went from barely being able to get out of bed by myself to absolutely 100% pain free in two days. TWO DAYS. I spent today afraid to believe it. Every time I got up from my desk, I expected to feel that familiar twinge but it wasn’t there. When I think too much about the difference between this day and the day I had two days ago, it overwhelms me and I can’t help but cry with the happiness of it. I feel like a living, breathing miracle!!

Thank you, Dr. Davis, for sharing your knowledge and giving me my life back.

I am very grateful that Wendi experienced this life-changing event, an effect I’ve seen in many other people. But the question that plagues me is why? What is it in this crazy creation of geneticists that would cause such an effect? Is it some inflammatory response triggered by wheat lectin? Is it some peculiar gastrointestinal effect of gliadin expressed in the back?

We can only speculate why something in wheat can cause chronic pain in the back. But I believe that chronic unexplained back pain needs to be added to the long, long list of reasons to say goodbye to wheat.

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: