Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: Quit your whining!

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: Quit your whining!

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 12/12/2011 12:00:00 PM
Edited: 4/30/2022 8:58:22 AM (2)

Sourced from: Infinite Health Blog, by Dr. Davis, originally posted on the Wheat Belly Blog: 2011-12-12

Quit your whining!

Wheat Belly Blog reader PJ is back, this time with an emotionally unedited version of her letter.

I feel PJ’s frustration. You can show somebody the answer time and time again, but some people just never accept it or follow through. You can show them evidence of your own 30 pound weight loss, renewed vigor and energy, and the success of friends and family who have done similarly. But for some the emotional pull of this thing called “wheat” is too powerful, powerful enough to overcome the weak-willed.

Perhaps it won’t fix anything, but perhaps PJ will feel better after unleashing.

Dear Friends, Family, Neighbors and Co-Workers:

I am so sick and tired of hearing all of your complaining and whining that you just can’t lose that blubber and you feel like crap. You keep turning to me for advice on what to do about this symptom or that symptom. I tell all of you, over and over and over again, to eliminate the grains and sugar from your diet. You’ve seen what it’s done for me over recent years and I have literally begged you to try it for just a month but you tell me that you just CAN’T give up your breads and desserts. It’s too HAAAARD! Oh, waaaa! Grow up! You say you would do ANYTHING to lose the weight and feel better but I have never heard so many bs excuses in my life!

Now suddenly you’re worried about your blood sugar and are afraid you might become diabetic. Might?!! I hear about your heartburn, joint pain, tooth loss and acne on a daily basis. Well, you’ve earned it. You’ve earned it with every bite of that must-have toast, every convenient Subway sandwich and plate of low fat pasta salad. Hearing about your depression is depressing the hell out of me. For God’s sake girl, you’re only 27!

Your doctor put you on statins and blood pressure meds over a year ago because he has your best interests at heart. He’s the expert and knows what you need. Yeah? How’s that working for you?! Feeling any better? Having an easier time remembering your grandkids names? I know trying to carry on a conversation with you lately is tedious and painful for me.

Your kids are annoying, strung out little junkies that need REAL FOOD. When you come to me about advice about disciplining your out of control kids, what do I advise you to do? Stop feeding them crap! I’m sick of hearing that tired line about how exhausted you are and you just don’t have time to cook. You forget that I also raised a family while working. You seem to find the time to sit in the drive-thru waiting for your KFC order. How many times to I have to say that Pop Tarts and Pizza Rolls are not food, no matter what the commercials say. Just because you can put it in your mouth and swallow it doesn’t make it food.

God forbid you read a book or do a little internet research. I lend you dvds and books and they sit, untouched and unread for weeks until I ask for them back. Is it really so hard to put a damned dvd in the machine?!! By the way, how’s that infertility problem?

Every time I have to leave work to pick you up at the bus stop because you can’t walk your fat, wheezy, sweaty butt the three blocks to the office, what do I tell you? You HAVE to make some changes, darlin’! All I get in response is “I know, I know, I will.” I’m still waiting. And I’m still the one sent to pick you up when you call for help because your knees gave out and you can’t breathe.

As those pounds continue to pack on and your belly and ass get to be the size of Montana you’ll start taking your doctor’s advise. Eventually he will intimidate you into taking his magic pills. And you’ll take them, because it’s easier than taking responsibility. Don’t worry about the side effects of these drugs because there’s another pill for that, too. This will go on until you’re held together with pharmaceutical band aids, living a long, miserable, painful, unproductive life.

But look on the bright side. If the label that’s slapped on what’s ailing you is serious enough, there are so many benefits to becoming disabled! Disability gets you a handicap sticker for convenient parking, discounts on public transportation, priority seating on an airplane (if you fit in their seats by that time), and you don’t have to work at a job for your income. Yea! Those electric scooters at your favorite stores are so much fun! Hey! Maybe Disability/Medicare will make sure you get one of your very own . . . at no cost to you! They’ll even do the paperwork for you. (To all my grain eating friends that live alone, don’t forget that you can get a discount on Life Alert through AARP!)

Don’t even concern yourself about the price of all your prescriptions because there is always a benevolent drug company willing to help with the cost. You’ll get all of this without ever having to think for yourself or take responsibility for your health. And it’s so EASY! All you have to do is just keep doing what you’re doing. No changes necessary.

Your healthy friends may drift away, but you’ll never have to worry about being lonely because you’ll be making tons of new friends with the people you meet in the doctors’ waiting rooms! Imagine all the beautiful Christmas cards you’ll get every year from all those doctors and their caring staff!
I have never seen people work so hard at being sick. I am literally handing you the solution. I’ve shown you how. I’ve shown you that it works. I’ve written menus for you. I’ve made shopping lists for you to get you started. How much easier do I need to make it for you?

Do I sound angry? Damned right I’m angry!! I’m widowed, I’ve lost loved ones and my friends are dropping like flies. Why? Two words: wheat and sugar. It’s tearing me apart to watch you do this to yourselves. I am done with grieving. I have cared about all of you for a very long time and have wanted to help but I can t do it for you.

The best gift you can give a loved one is to take of yourself! It’s never too late to change. PLEASE. It’s your choice.

However, if you choose to stay the path you’re on . . . I’ll miss you.

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: