Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: Wheat and . . . depression

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: Wheat and . . . depression

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 11/21/2011 12:00:00 PM
Edited: 4/30/2022 8:50:32 AM (2)

Sourced from: Infinite Health Blog, by Dr. Davis, originally posted on the Wheat Belly Blog: 2011-11-21

Wheat and . . . depression

Barbara left this informative comment about depression and her wheat-free experience:

Hi, I live in Brooklyn, New York. After devouring your book at the end of September, I decided to do “one” month of wheat free living. I was suffering from weight gain, depression, joint pain, and lethargy. I was really at the end of my rope. No weight was coming off and I thought I was eating so healthy.

Well, after one week of eliminating wheat, I swear, I felt no depression any more. I was astonished. I would literally sit at my desk and cry, with a heavy heart. I had experienced some life trauma’s a few years back, but had worked diligently on releasing it. So, I could not understand why I was still feeling that way. I am not into taking drugs, so that was out of the question. I wanted to handle it holistically. I have lost about 5 inches off my waist (not getting on the scale)……and everyone says I seem happy again. My joint pain is gone and I have so much energy, that even drinking coffee seems like too much now, LOL.

So, this has definitely become my way of life now. I have no desire for carbs or desserts (maybe some chocolate from time to time)……and the choice between having wheat or feeling great is not even an issue anymore. I am talking about it with everyone, and may have been able to help a few people.

At home, I am slowly weaning daughter and husband (he will make some rice instead of pasta for dinner now)…and lots of salads. As he is French, the baguette is not going anywhere for now……not for him at least…haa haa.

I saw your book in the bookstore, and it just called out to me. I guess the teacher appears when the student is ready. I ran home and downloaded it on my NOOK and read it in two days. I am enjoying my way of eating and love the challenge of finding delicious things to make that fill me up and leave me satisified for hours on end.

Thank you so much for all you have done! I feel you have saved my life and my brain is more alert now, so I can actually feel confident in the new career path I have chosen.

While I would not argue that all depression is caused by wheat consumption, how many other causes can be so easily remedied? No prolonged psychotherapy, no nasty antidepressants, no electroshock therapy to your zapped cerebrum. And what other therapies for depression come with relief from joint pains and arthritis, increased energy, and weight loss?

Anyone depressed, I believe, should at least give wheat freedom a four week test.

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: