Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: Skinny Mom: No more postpartum pitas

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: Skinny Mom: No more postpartum pitas

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 10/14/2011 12:00:00 PM
Edited: 4/29/2022 10:05:15 PM (2)

Sourced from: Infinite Health Blog, by Dr. Davis, originally posted on the Wheat Belly Blog: 2011-10-14

Skinny Mom: No more postpartum pitas

Melissa posted this tale of postpartum weight loss in the comments of The Wheat Belly Blog:

I am in the fitness industry and have known about the dangers of gluten for the past 7 years. During different times in the past 7 years, I have avoided it like the plague, for health but mainly trying to control my weight (I am 5’1” and have weighted over 150 pounds in middle school).

With my recent pregnancy (he is 4½ months old now) I gained 55 pounds!!!! WOW! The culprit… all the carbs I was consuming. I typically eat meat and veggies but with the morning sickness and migraines and having an aversion to meat, I consumed lots of carbs, mainly whole wheat and gluten free cookies, cakes, etc.

2 months after my son was born, I had only lost 22 pounds. Then these past 2 months I went really strict back to cutting out sugar and breads, only consuming low carb pita and and maybe a little jelly on my pb&j on pita and occasionally baking with whole wheat flour. So during the next 2 months, I lost another 10 pounds. The weight was coming off slowly, but coming off.

I stumbled upon your blog this past week and it really motivated me to go 100%. I wouldn’t believe anyone else if they told me this but I have lost 4 pounds since Monday (today is Friday)!! That is crazy! I never thought my low carb pita (which I new contained added gluten would have kept me from losing the weight!) I am nursing so I am very conscious to make sure I eat enough during the day and staying hydrated! I’m feeling great, my son is continuing to thrive (he sleeps 11 and 12 hours at night so I know he is getting the proper nutrition). Just want to motivate people to educate themselves and JUST DO IT! Your body will thank you and you will not want to turn back.

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: