Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: The Wheat Belly Juggernaut

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: The Wheat Belly Juggernaut

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 10/12/2011 12:00:00 PM
Edited: 4/29/2022 10:04:22 PM (2)

Sourced from: Infinite Health Blog, by Dr. Davis, originally posted on the Wheat Belly Blog: 2011-10-12

The Wheat Belly Juggernaut

David MacPhail posted this comment on Facebook about the entire Wheat Belly phenomenon. I thought it was so well-stated that I’d reproduce it for posterity here:

I believe that Wheat Belly may well be the juggernaut that succeeds in blowing the status quo out of the water where those such as Atkins failed. There are a number of reasons why I feel this way.

First, and this is very important, Wheat Belly is not a diet book. Second, the message is factual, focused and unemotional. Wheat Belly offers impenetrable tenets – eat 2 slices of bread then read your blood sugar and see what happens – eliminate all sources of wheat for a few weeks and see what happens – then reintroduce wheat and see what happens.

No medical or diet professional can present an argument in favor of continued assaults of blood glucose elevation without appearing grossly incompetent, even criminally negligent. No medical or diet professional can posit that elimination of wheat for a week or more will be fatal, let alone remotely harmful. Keep to these points and Wheat Belly could actually win.

Wow! I’m glad David’s on our side!

As David points out, the argument in Wheat Belly is not a low-carb diet. It is, first and foremost, an expose of the incredible mess that has been created by the combination of the “eat more healthy whole grains” dietary advice and the replacement of conventional wheat with new genetically-altered high-yield semi-dwarf strains. This alone has the potential to transform the health of a population with unprecedented and rapid weight loss, as well as relief from an incredible array of conditions.

Yes, do the opposite of what “official” guidelines advise and wonderful things happen. Juggernaut indeed!

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: