Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: Poster child for . . . wheat?

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: Poster child for . . . wheat?

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 10/10/2011 12:00:00 PM
Edited: 4/29/2022 10:02:25 PM (2)

Sourced from: Infinite Health Blog, by Dr. Davis, originally posted on the Wheat Belly Blog: 2011-10-10

Poster child for . . . wheat?

Dee posted her tale of health struggles in the Wheat Belly Blog comments. She tested negative for celiac markers and her doctor declared that “gluten-sensitivity” was not her problem.

Do you agree?

I’ve had migraines and IBS and digestive issues for years as well as allergies. The doctor I saw about a year ago just knew I would be positive for celiac disease. My symptoms really pointed to it. The test came back negative for celiac.

I was positive several years ago for wheat, yeast, rice allergy with a few more. I’m at my wits end where I work out a lot watch what I eat and can’t lose weight. I can have a normal looking stomach and then within hours and sometimes just eating I can bloat until I actually look 6-7 months pregnant and I’m miserable!

I’ve had issues of being “foggy” and memory issues and yes even some moodiness that we attributed always to hormones. I am post menopausal (at a young age) and last check with the HRT my hormones are all in normal range. I take an antibiotic targeted in the intestine only for a week then off. The second time I took it for 2 weeks (10 days) and it lasted longer and I felt somewhat better then almost overnight it started again after about 2½ to 3 months. I take probiotics as well (Florajen 3). I had also had quite a yeast infection in my esophagus which was treated. I take something everyday for IBS symptoms that are more extreme for constipation than the diarrhea. Most of my problem lies with how huge my stomach can get and I know sometimes it has to be something I’ve eaten.

My doc told me not to punish myself with gluten free because it is very hard to be on a gluten free diet and it is very expensive, so he thought if it is not a clear reason for it, don’t put yourself through it. I can’t keep cycling on and off the antibiotic and he has even told me hold out as long as I can before taking another round.

I really wonder if any of these symptoms with your research warrant the trial of gluten free diet or more a wheat free. Wheat is in almost everything, I’ve only been trying to eat rye bread but I have to wonder with it being in so much if that is what I should try period or more on the gluten free side. I just don’t know but would appreciate if you could tell me if your book contains information to support any of this. I just heard about your book from a friend that has tried her daughter on it and said her daughter is feeling better. Any advice pertaining to your research would be appreciated.

PS: I failed to mention I also have suffered quite a bit with reflux and taking something continuously for it. I also have been taking beano and just started trying something called Complete Digestion to see if this will help. The doc mentioned possible problems digesting complex carbs. I would really love a permanent fix and to feel better for the first time in years! I plan to buy your book as I see it’s on Kindle as well about the research you have done. I just really don’t know what to try or what to do.

Wow. Acid reflux, allergies, severe bloating, alternating constipation and diarrhea, overweight, mental fog, moodiness, migraines . . . I’d be shocked if it were NOT wheat. In fact, this particular collection of health phenomena seem to occur together often enough that I wonder if we shouldn’t label it something like the Wheat Intolerance Syndrome.” Unfortunately, even if there is a spectacular turnaround in health and weight, it does not qualify as a real “disease” because there is no blood marker, scan, or biopsy to prove it.

If you’re listening, Dee, I think you’ll hear “go absolutely wheat-free!” loud and clear. Just be sure to come back and post your story here!

Dee did reply to that blog post. Here are two:

2011-10-10: Wow, I am very surprised with the amount of support, ideas, encouragement, and words of wisdom. I thank you for this blog as well. I did buy the book last night and will venture into reading it so I will have the wisdom to know “how” to do this. I have been so discouraged trying to figure it out and felt like I was the only one with all these type of symptoms with no hope (becomes very depressing). I don’t need to lose a lot of weight but I know I shouldn’t gain weight nor should I blow up like I do and feel so miserable considering my calorie intake and exercise. I can wear my clothes one day and the very next day not fit into them and look pregnant. It’s very heart wrenching and embarrassing. Reading some your comments have also made me think of other symptoms I’ve been having over the years that I didn’t even consider being related. I’m also encouraged to see so many replies and advice so if I get stumped that all of you will reply and help me out if questions pop up. I have been praying for guidance to figure this out and feel better, so here we go. Dr. Davis, I will let you know what happens. Thank you again to all of you for you input.

2011-10-11: Thank you everyone. From reading over your comments and suggestions it looks like I need to focus not eating wheat, corn, or any grains and give it a try! I always try to eat healthy and had switched any bread I eat with rye, now I find out it’s as bad. Knowledge and hearing other people’s testimonies and very encouraging. I have started reading the book and just focusing on the obvious items to remove as I read to learn more of what “not to do”. I’m guessing (I’m sure it will explain in the book) that once I remove the wheat & all grains that the wheat gluten will also be removed? I have enjoyed reading your comments and now do not feel so alone with these symptoms. I am anxious to completely do it right and give it time to see if it works for me. Y’all are right, I have nothing to lose by trying it. I took pictures and took them to the doc at one appt showing him I wasn’t crazy that I did blow up to look that pregnant, he agreed I indeed looked that way but I left there thinking I’m not sure he knows what to do with me. If this all works, you can be assured that my next appointment will be kept so I can tell him and show him it was worth the try. I’m so hoping that will be the case!! I appreciate and am reading all of these so keep posting! Thanks to all and to Dr. Davis.

D.D. Infinite Health icon

Tags: NCGS