Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

WBB: Sing it, James! Wheat Belly Blues

Member Forum >> Premium Content Mirror >> WBB: Sing it, James! Wheat Belly Blues

Reference

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1366
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 10/25/2011 12:00:00 PM
Edited: 4/29/2022 10:07:36 PM (2)

Sourced from: Infinite Health Blog, by Dr. Davis, originally posted on the Wheat Belly Blog: 2011-10-25

Sing it, James! Wheat Belly Blues

About 3 weeks ago, I got an email from this gentleman named James Winningham.

James told me about his struggles with bipolar illness, the cyclic and often extreme “ups” and “downs” of mood, sufficient to disrupt life and family. Bipolar illness had taken him down the path of excessive alcohol and drugs years ago.

James Winningham - Wheat Belly Blues on YouTube

He told me how, after reading Wheat Belly and banishing all wheat from his diet, a cloud began to recede from his mind:

I’ve been living with bipolar disorder for 35 years. Along the way I’ve taken a ton of meds, and seen a ton of doctors. . . After I read “Wheat Belly,” and we [James and his wife] made the move away from the amber waves of death, kicking wheat and all the rest of the grains to the curb, the results have been startling.

We have both lost more weight in less time that we ever have before, and we’ve seen many other changes manifest in the three weeks since we quit wheat. Our minds are clearing. Our sinuses are clearing. Our energy level is improving. Our sleep is improving. Our moods are improving. And this is after three weeks. . . We have never had such a dramatic set of changes come out of nowhere like this, and they are happening to both of us, not just me.

James told me that, he was so astounded at his experience, he wanted to write a song about it. James wrote the lyrics, composed the music, played the guitar, and sung the lead part. And, boy, can he sing and play guitar! So, here it is: Wheat Belly Blues (website previously linked now 404)

James Winningham, and experiences like his, are the reason I wrote Wheat Belly. Because lives are transformed. Yes, it’s about weight loss and less acid reflux. But it’s also about reclaiming control over your thoughts and moods, those things we hold so dear to our own sense of self. Sure it stretches credibility to accuse the buttered toast you have in the morning as the thing that underlies your demons . . . until it is exorcised.

Wheat Belly Blues
© 2011 James Winningham

Well, I woke up in the morning, the scale just gave me bad news
So I had healthy wheat for breakfast, then I got more confused
I didn’t even know it, but I had those Wheat Belly Blues

Well, I went to my doctor, he smiled but he was not amused.
He told me Calories in Calories out, you’re just too lazy to lose
He didn’t even know it, but I had those wheat belly blues

And then I got this book (Wheat Belly)
I read it all the way through
I kicked that wheat to the curb
And my life started all over new

The scale became my friend
And my relationships improved
My doctor was amazed
My Wheat Belly is fading away

The Wheat Lobby says I have to stuff myself with grains
They don’t care if we die as long as their profits are unconstrained