Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

Flaxseed Oil Supplementation Improve Gene Expression of PPAR-?, LP(a), IL-1 and TNF-a in diabetics

Member Forum >> General Discussion >> Flaxseed Oil Supplementation Improve Gene Expression of PPAR-?, LP(a), IL-1 and TNF-a in diabetics

docmaas

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 294
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 1/2/2021 5:54:42 PM
Edited: 1/4/2021 1:20:46 AM (3)

Flaxseed Oil Supplementation Improve Gene Expression Levels of PPAR-γ, LP(a), IL-1 and TNF-α in Type 2 Diabetic Patients with Coronary Heart Disease

bad link removed see Bob’s followup below for more info.

Not really sure what to make of this.  Flaxseed oil alpha-linolenic acid is very helpful for those with ppar-alpha polymorphisms.  Many fat agonists target more than just one ppar. 

I ran into another interesting little factoid today that both epa and dha respond to ppar alpha with a u-shaped curve where too little is as of little use as too much.  No details about how much is too little or too much though but I’m not quite as enthusiastic about fish oil as I was.  That little bit of info was found here in an in vitro analysis of fatty acid agonists of pparalpha.  Sadly, GLA was inactive along with linoleic.  CLA turned out along with a-linolenic to be some of the strongest.

"Fatty acid chain length and saturation influences PPAR?? transcriptional activation and repression in HepG2 cells.pdf"
(sorry lost the link).

Tags:

Bob Niland

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 12268
Recommends Recd: 9
Certs & Awards: 39   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 1/2/2021 6:17:17 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags: