Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

Technology marches on - but not for the public

Member Forum >> General Discussion >> Technology marches on - but not for the public

xtronics

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 3121
Recommends Recd: 6
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 2   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 12/14/2020 7:49:33 PM

https://www.marsbioimaging.com/mars-for-researchers/

I know the NMRI and CT technology has advanced - but not so much what they sell the public.

Resolution is the bit I’m interested in - The bore size offered the public is one-size-fits-all, but the smaller the bore size - the smaller the voxel size - here they have 120mm bore and 80um voxels.

The public is being duped into paying $1000s for poor quality imaging..

The cost of the electronics and physical equipment is not much - it is the software and marketing - cost of FDA that makes this stuff expensive.  The big players don’t want new startups - lobby to keep tight regulation - FDA gate keepers to pick the winners and losers instead of a market place...

If we could get state of the art imaging - I think they could see the difference between stable and unstable plaque..
Tags:

Bob Niland

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 12269
Recommends Recd: 9
Certs & Awards: 39   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 12/14/2020 8:22:02 PM
Edited: 12/14/2020 8:22:51 PM (1)

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags: