Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

Happy Thanksgiving Day to All

Member Forum >> General Discussion >> Happy Thanksgiving Day to All

HeartHawk

No Avatar
Undoctored Staff

Posts Contributed: 4133
Recommends Recd: 13
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 39   view

Likes Recd: 4

Posted: 11/26/2020 10:51:48 PM

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!

This has surely been a non-traditional Thanksgiving (in fact, you could say it has been a non-traditional year).  But, it has been an instructive and heartwarming Thanksgiving nonetheless.  With our traditional family gathering cancelled my wife and I changed plans.  We (well, OK, my wife) cooked a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, we set up Zoom calls with family members. then we delivered both to two relatives who are in the hospital with various life-altering illnesses.    In one case, it is  a 64-year old whose death is imminent and in the other an 89-year old with dementia (Lewy body) for whom life, as he knows it, is over.

It made me think long and hard about my life, the lives of others, and what we all do here.  Here are my random thoughts in no particular order.

1. Neither dying person followed what we would call a "healthy" lifestyle.  In a least one case, their illness (colon cancer) was probably avoidable.  That is of absolutely no value or consolation to anyone.

2. It is not about what any individual does or does not "do" about their health.  We each have the absolute right to choose our own path.  None of us will live forever no matter what we do.

3. It is important that some choose a path that allows them to tend to the needs of those they care about - and that means staying healthy as long as possible.  I silently noted all the hospital rooms where no one was there to bring a Thanksgiving meal or perhaps set up a Zoom call with relatives.   COVID-19 doesn’t make it any easier.  I had to execute a medical power of attorney just to get into one hospital.  In one selfish moment I pondered if there would be anyone similarly situated to tend to me when it is "my time."

When I got home I turned on a football game and turned my thoughts to Thanksgivings past and what I would be doing right now had things been "normal."  It would have been relaxing, fun, and joyful as always but not nearly as rewarding.  So on this Thanksgiving Day I am thankful for not only my health but what I can do with that health and for all the help I get from everyone here in ways both big and small and in ways you might not even imagine.

Thanks everyone,

Happy Thanksgiving.

HH
Tags:

Fitness

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 931
Recommends Recd: 1
Certs & Awards: 18   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 11/27/2020 12:38:36 AM

HH: that was very nice. I wish you & your family a Happy Thanksgiving. Even though it has been a crazy stressful year, we all have so much to be thankful for. 

Cheers!

Tags:

Dr. Davis

No Avatar
Undoctored Staff

Posts Contributed: 9407
Recommends Recd: 15
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Posted: 11/27/2020 9:11:29 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags:

Kathy in OK

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 487
Recommends Recd: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Posted: 11/27/2020 1:41:15 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags:

Fitness

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 931
Recommends Recd: 1
Certs & Awards: 18   view

Posted: 11/27/2020 3:30:17 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags: