Undoctored PrEbiotic Fibers
Link to the recorded meet up:
Please see Undoctored book: pages 257 – 267 for more information.
I created this document as a summary: Undoctored PrEbiotic Fibers.pdf
Start only after you have had prObiotics for at least three days. START SLOW!!! 10 grams per day and work your way up to 20 grams per day. Be sure to get VARIETY in your prebiotic fibers each day. We don’t want to get all 20 grams from one source. Switch it up! https://blog.undoctored.com/foods-rich-prebiotic-fibers/
Links to some prebiotic sources can be found here:
- Acacia powder (see label for fiber grams) 0 net carbs
- Green bananas and plantains: 10.9 grams per 1 medium (7-inch) banana (0 gram net carbs
- Raw white potato: 10 to 12 grams per 1⁄2 medium (0 gram net carbs) Note: Avoid any raw potatoes with green skin, as this is a fungus. If encountered, peel off the skin
- Hummus or chick peas: 8 grams per 1⁄2 cup (13.5 grams netcarbs)
- Lentils: 2.5 grams per 1⁄2 cup (11 grams net carbs)
- Beans: 3.8 grams per 1⁄2 cup: white beans are the richest with twice this quantity (12 grams net carbs)
Notes: Modest quantity of prebiotic fibers in apples: 0.8 g, avocados: 2.4 g, blackberries: 1.4 g, blueberries: 0.8 g, raspberries: 1.6 g, pears: 1 gram, around 1 grams from peas, jicama, turnips, parsnips, onions, garlic and root vegetables (in the raw state)
Values for prebiotic content vary depending on the source and the method used to measure.
If you experience gas, bloating or digestive distress after prEbiotic fibers, stop taking them for a few weeks and then slowly start them again. If it continues to cause issues you may have to look into SIBO, SIFO, etc.
The link to the online course: https://innercircle.undoctored.com/course/Undoctored_Health_Welcome_WNU