Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

Did I make Reuteri yogurt?

Member Forum >> Recipes >> Did I make Reuteri yogurt?

royston

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 2
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 9/16/2020 7:14:52 AM
Edited: 9/16/2020 7:22:35 AM (1)

Hi, I’m a newbie here and am trying to make the Reuteri yogurt from the BioGaia Gastrus tablets, but I’m not sure if it worked, so to compare I made a new batch and split it up in 3 glasses, to make 3 different versions:
  1. Without any Reuteri (so just the milk + cream + inulin mix).
  2. With Reuteri from 3 crushed BioGaia Gastrus tablets (for the ~175ml).
  3. With Reuteri from the whey (1 tablespoon) of the 2nd generation Reuteri yogurt I made before that I initially started with the same BioGaia Gastrus tablets.
The results look like this:

This is after 36 hours at around 100°F (37°C).

As I can’t get half-and-half here, I stirred together 300 ml full fat milk (not raw milk) + 200 ml of whip cream + 1 tablespoon of inulin powder. I did NOT re-pasteurise, just preheated it to 100°F and then distributed it over the glasses, stirred in the crushed tablets or whey liquid (with different spoons), and then put the glasses in the yogurt maker.

Ignore the level as I didn’t even it out precisely between the 3 glasses. Also as I mixed the milk with whip cream, I think the fat from the whip cream all floated to the top again. The full-fat milk itself is organic, pasteurised, but not homogenised either.

The Reuteri versions do look different from the one that does not contain Reuteri, less separation or whey, but that non-reuteri version does look very different to how it started out as well. Does that look right?

Should I try it again and re-pasteurise the mixture first this time (milk + cream + inulin)? As I wonder if there’s other bacteria in there besides Reuteri that might outcompete it in this or following batches, in case the Gastrus tablets didn’t contain enough live bacteria anymore after storage and shipping (from iHerb to Europe).

Once the weather gets a bit cooler here I’ll also order the LE Florassist Heart Health from a local distributor and do another test with that as well to compare.

I have only eaten a couple tablespoons of the reuteri versions so far, so I can’t tell from that if it contains enough Reuteri.

Thanks for the help!

Roy
Tags:

Bob Niland

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 14041
Recommends Recd: 10
Certs & Awards: 39   view

Likes Recd: 1

Posted: 9/16/2020 8:10:24 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags:

hopscotch

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 2089
Recommends Recd: 8

Posted: 9/16/2020 9:29:34 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags:

royston

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 2
Recommends Recd: 0

Posted: 9/16/2020 1:37:11 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Tags: