Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

Magnesium Water double batch using seltzer water

Member Forum >> Magnesium >> Magnesium Water double batch using seltzer water

hopscotch

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 2089
Recommends Recd: 8
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 1

Posted: 9/3/2020 11:14:38 AM

With 2 adults drinking magnesium water, it’s most convenient to make up more concentrated batches and then dilute them as they are used. With the changeover from milk of magnesia to magnesium hydroxide, here is how I make it.

A 2-liter bottle of Kroger seltzer water is already chilled in the refrigerator.

I bring 3 ounces of filtered water to a boil, then add 3 level teaspoons of magnesium hydroxide to it. I stir to wet the magnesium hydroxide; it does not stay in suspension. (I tried both cold and hot water and had more success using hot water.)

I gently open the seltzer and pour off 2 ounces. I give the magnesium hydroxide in water another quick stir and pour it into the seltzer bottle. I quickly cap the seltzer bottle and shake it, holding the bottle about 135 degrees from vertical.

When I work in the kitchen at the same time, I can see when magnesium hydroxide falls to the bottom of the bottle. Then I shake the bottle again. I don’t shake it vigorously, but just enough. Then I leave it alone till magnesium hydroxide falls out again.

Eventually the sides of the bottle suck in, and the basic reaction is finished. I loosen and re-tighten the cap, but I don’t hear any more carbon dioxide hissing out. I continue watching for magnesium hydroxide to fall out. Each time, I shake the bottle and loosen and re-tighten the cap. These smaller reactions continue till the solution is clear.

Total time today was 1-3/4 hours till clear. There’s approximately 44 mg magnesium per ounce of this magnesium water.

Over time a few flakes fall out of solution, but I’m satisfied that this will work going forward.
Tags:

Bob Niland

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 14017
Recommends Recd: 10
Certs & Awards: 39   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 9/3/2020 11:43:41 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags:

hopscotch

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 2089
Recommends Recd: 8
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 9/30/2020 11:38:05 AM
Edited: 10/3/2020 10:26:27 AM (1)

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags: