Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

How I reduced my BP? ( Hint - Breathing )

Member Forum >> Other Nutritional Supplements >> How I reduced my BP? ( Hint - Breathing )

Venkat S

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 335
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 1

Posted: 8/2/2020 1:24:54 PM
Edited: 8/2/2020 1:27:15 PM (3)

Hi

I made some discovery and made good progress on my BP issue which I want to share in case it could be useful for some...
https://innercircle.undoctored.com/video/video-forum-how-quickly-will-blood-pressure-drop-

1. After following WB protocols listed above, my weight had reduced and other markers improved. BP came down, I got off of 75 mg Losartan with Diuretic and switched to low strength Ramipril. however I could see my BP is high during my working , probably due to my nature or the way I am wired, I take stress for trivial things and had started measuring BP during middle of days.

2. I used to have morning BP of around ~ 120/80 and after my office meetings when I started measuring, I was shocked to see spike upto 160/90 or once or twice 180/100.  On weekends afternoons it would be normal Unless I have any discussion or some triggers and my BP spikes to 140-150.

3. I have been trying various meditation forms for last 20 years! Lately I went to three day Art of Living meditation course, that helps in morning to prepare, but did not seem to make much impact when office meetings starts.  Its still better than nothing.
I also tried Box breathing, and several apps - Oak Meditation is one of the best free apps if you ant to try. Second is OmVana - Six Phase meditation. This is more holistic one and helps you cope well when you are handing a stressful after effects of a disagreement in office where you feel resentment etc. Forgiving the person and yourself , redirecting your attention to future larger goals is the key. I cannot recommend them enough.

4. Three months back I discovered Win Hof on youtube and started practicing his 30-60 seconds deep breathing and then breath holds, I could go upto 2 - 2.5 mins! Felt good in morning and is an beneficial discovery and a useful tool in the arsenal. Like Art of living, its effect on my BP was minimal.

--

5. Youtube again put me in touch with Slow breathing - I could see why Win Hof has a different purpose. Its an exercise. Slow breathing triggers parasympathetic response.

After starting this, with in two weeks when I measured in the morning, it down to to now 100/65 and in Afterrnoon meetings it goes upto 140/80. But is short lived or I catch the stress events faster and resort to slow breathing.  So after dabbling in several meditation , mindful meditation classes, and walks ….,  found one thing that worked  - Butyeko!

Butyeko was a scientist hired by Russian Space agency to optimize  breathing for fighter pilots etc, he learnt Indian meditation ( hatha yoga) and many other forms plus conducted experiments to distill the breathing science down…. in a nutshell our body needs presence of Carbon dioxide for Oxygen absorption.
These are the two videos that will introduce into the philosophy of Butyeko - 

PS: I have stopped taking Ramipril and my BP in the AM sometimes goes to 95/60 and I am calmer or rather strive to be one. One effect now I see is my pulse rate went up from 70 to 85-90 in day time. Not sure if its related.
Tags:

Dr. Davis

No Avatar
Undoctored Staff

Posts Contributed: 9903
Recommends Recd: 15

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 8/2/2020 1:40:05 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags:

max1001

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 233
Recommends Recd: 0

Likes Recd: 1

Posted: 8/2/2020 7:48:18 PM
Edited: 8/2/2020 8:00:47 PM (1)

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags: