Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

An Argument for Allithiamine (TTFD) as related to low carb grain free diets.

Member Forum >> General Discussion >> An Argument for Allithiamine (TTFD) as related to low carb grain free diets.

Iron Man

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 307
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 7/18/2020 9:59:29 PM
Edited: 7/18/2020 10:05:01 PM (2)

Bill this may explain the insomnia when off L. Reuteri.  I am not sure if you have addressed this issue, but it might be considered a worthy addendum.

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO ADVOCATE FOR GRAINS AS THE AUTHOR ALSO ASSERTS AT THE END OF THE COMMENTARY.

IT IS AN ARGUMENT THAT WE SHOULD BE LOOKING AT THIAMIN LEVELS AND ADJACENT MARKERS SUCH AS CORTISOL AND ALDOSTERONE.

Note:  Immuno assays for aldosterone is only good for hyper-excreters and not hypo-aldosterone.  To test hypo you need to go to a tandem mass spec 24 hour urine.

My thiamine levels are upper range, but I do not believe I am getting the throughput.  There may be a chance the higher expressions, as was my zinc when challenged with mercury, is being stifled from being properly used.

It also may give some explanation on how L. Reuteri is mechanizing and impacting the challenged thymus caused by low carb grain free diets.

EXCERPTS

Alcohol also has a negative effect on thiamin levels both by preventing absorption as well as it’s diuretic effect(4).  Wernicke-Kosakoff Syndrome(WKS), a disease of thiamin deficiency, is most often seen in alcoholics(1).  In addition to it’s alcohol content, wine contains sulfites that destroy thiamin.

Candida overgrowth can also lead to thiamin deficiency as yeast use thiamin in the first step of alcohol fermentation.

In addition to the changes in the adrenals, liver glycogen levels became extremely low and the thymus of the rats shrank in size, indicating a compromised adaptive immune system. 

Cortisol is not the only adrenal hormone affected by low thiamin status.  In a study also done in rats, rats with thiamin deficiency had a decreased aldosterone response to low sodium levels(10).  Aldosterone is the chief mineralocorticoid responsible for regulating electrolyte balance in the body.  When sodium levels become low, aldosterone is secreted to recycle sodium back in to the blood and dump potassium out via the urine.

Most forms of thiamin are water soluble and poorly absorbed from the digestive tract when compared to disulfide derivatives of thiamin.  Allithiamine(TTFD) is one of these derivatives, is found in garlic, and has been shown in studies to increase blood thiamin levels almost 10 fold(15).  This would be the equivalent to intravenous injection of the standard water soluble forms of thiamin.  This makes allithiamine the preferred oral form of thiamin for reversing deficiency.

The microbiome of enterotype 2, which is high in the bacterial species Prevotella, shows higher activity of enzymes responsible for the production of thiamin(15).

Source:  http://synergyhw.blogspot.com/2013/08/thiamin-deficiency-altered-circadian.html?m=1
Tags: