Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

Collagen and Coagulation

Member Forum >> Other Nutritional Supplements >> Collagen and Coagulation

Malcolm

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 2052
Recommends Recd: 2
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 17   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 5/2/2020 10:37:53 PM

From doing a quick Internet search it appears collagen could help prevent blood clots.

That sounds like a good thing at first, but in my case I’m thinking it could be a problem.

For many years, on rather rare occasions, I get spontaneous bruises.

They occur typically on my hands and feet despite my having no recollection of doing anything that would cause a bruise.

I don’t take aspirin but my CBC (Complete Blood Count) always flags my platelets as low. Not terribly low, but below the normal range of 150 - 400. My level is about 115.

About 4 or 5 days ago I started taking a collagen hydrolysate supplement called SPROOS. 

Both yesterday and today I got spontaneous bruises. Yesterday it was on a finger and today it was on the palm of my hand. 

I have decided to stop taking the supplement. I believe it has anti-clotting properties that are causing the bruising.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Tags: