Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

Kelp and Iodine content

Member Forum >> Iodine and Thyroid Health >> Kelp and Iodine content

DianeW

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 19
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 4/29/2020 10:07:35 PM

I’ve been using granulated iodine for many years. I use it like a spice; whenever I sprinkle salt and pepper (alone or with other spices) on a food, like eggs, hamburgers, etc., I also sprinkle on the kelp. I also sprinkle the kelp, as well as dulse, another seaweed, on my salads. Is that a bad way to get iodine? I had never looked it up before tonight; the NIH Office of Dietary Supplements fact sheet on iodine says that kelp is highly variable in the amount of iodine it contains: 16 - 2,984 mcg per a one gram sheet. I usually sprinkle on well more than a gram when I use it on my cooked foods, 2 or 3 g. Is this something I should not be doing because I don’t know the iodine content? Does the iodine content degrade over time, especially if it’s in granulated form? If I begin an iodine supplement, should I discontinue using kelp? Not sure what to do. I haven’t done any kind of testing. Thanks for any ideas.
Tags:

Bob Niland

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 11100
Recommends Recd: 9
Certs & Awards: 39   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 4/29/2020 10:18:16 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags: