Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

Best Brownies

Inner Circle Member Forum >> Recipes >> Best Brownies

Ian989

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 534
Recommends Recd: 1
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 4/19/2020 5:18:58 PM
Edited: 4/19/2020 5:20:03 PM (1)

https://empoweredsustenance.com/coconut-flour-brownies-paleo/

Sweetener: I use honey instead of maple syrup because I can’t tolerate it or other natural or artificial sugar substitutes. I don’t see why stevia, erythritol or any other sugar substitute within the Wheat Belly program wouldn’t work out well here. Xylitol may be the best for baked goods although it does come with a modest glycemic load

Fat: The author of this recipe calls for coconut oil, but I’ve used purely coconut oil or butter on different occasions and have had excellent results for both

Optional: Some very nice additions you can add to this are diced cherries (frozen will be a bit more moist when thawed than fresh), cherry flavored balsamic vinegar (which is what I’ve used with a great end result). The cherry vinegar will add a bit more net carbs. Peanut butter would also work well with these and maybe a touch of cinnamon for a glucose lowering and potential insulin sensitizing effect. I’m sure you could even use a bit of mint in this recipe with a nice outcome. Probably not all of the previously mentioned ingredients at once though. Taste batter before you put the mixture into the oven to gauge if it’s prepared to your liking. Cherry, peanut butter, or mint alone as an add on would be good. I haven’t tried combining all of them

Also, try to monitor these closely and often as they can go from moist and tasty to dried out and bland quite fast. I like to pull them out when they’re still quite moist. Think of a medium rare steak. Enjoy with some milk or home made almond or nut milk (avoid emulsifiers from store bought this way)
Tags:

Bob Niland

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 10801
Recommends Recd: 9
Certs & Awards: 39   view

Posted: 4/19/2020 7:41:52 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags:

Ian989

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 534
Recommends Recd: 1

Posted: 4/20/2020 2:41:12 AM

If you do try making them with stevia, erythritol or whatever nil glycemic sweetener or even xylitol, let me know how they turn out
Tags:

morjoievie

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 6
Recommends Recd: 0

Posted: 4/20/2020 5:24:27 PM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags: