Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

R.K.’s Pizza and More!

Inner Circle Member Forum >> Recipes >> R.K.’s Pizza and More!

dan2341

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 293
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 2/6/2020 8:03:36 AM

"There are a ton of different versions I’ve found for the original Fathead pizza dough. This is my version that was about 20 pizzas worth of experimenting.

1 ½ cup of mozzarella or provolone. Use a cheese that is drier and heavy on fat. I get aged provolone at Woodman’s and it is perfect for this recipe.

2 tbsp. cream cheese.

Put both cheeses in a nonstick skillet on medium heat and keep it moving until it is melted and SMOOTH. Smooth is the key, all the fat is coming out of the cheese at this point.

Turn off the heat, and with a silicone spatula, mix in one cup almond flour, one beaten egg, and ½ tsp vinegar (whatever you have).

Keep turning and kneading the dough and after a minute or so, it will start to spring back a little, like actual dough.

Roll out the dough ball between 2 sheets of parchment so it covers a sheet pan. Peel off the top sheet of parchment, slide the crust (on the parchment) onto the sheet pan and dock with a fork to eliminate bubbles. Cook at 425 degrees until golden. 10-15 minutes. It has to be cooked on parchment for the initial cooking at least. It is easier to keep it on the parchment the whole time.

Remove from oven, sauce, cheese and toppings go on, and back in the oven for 10-15 minutes and a flash with the broiler makes the top nice and crispy.

Drier, fatty cheese is the best.

I use Bob’s Red Mill almond flour. It is more coarse than regular flour, and it gives it a nice feel. I’ve tried finer ground flour, and it doesn’t seem to have the same mouth feel of the coarse.

The vinegar is optional, but it does give the dough a yeast flavor, it’s amazing what that little splash of flavor brings to the party. Large or jumbo eggs are what I use.

I actually sauce with tomato paste from the tube (about 1-2 tbsp) with fresh garlic and oregano. 

Whatever you do, don’t put olive oil on the crust. It will not soak in, I tried it once. It was a mess, a smoky mess.

The same recipe can be used to make crackers and flatbread, and I’m going to give calzones a whirl too. Pot pie crust, pigs in a blanket, etc.

This is the same stuff I use for lasagna noodles too. Works really well.

Once you make it a couple of times, it will all make sense and then you start to see all the possibilities for it. 

Enjoy!

-- RK"

Tags: