Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

Help understanding my thyroid issues

Member Forum >> Iodine and Thyroid Health >> Help understanding my thyroid issues

Gail

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 10/15/2019 4:27:10 PM

I was diagnosed with Hashimoto about 10 years back and have been on Levothyroxine for some time at varying doses.  That said, I always felt symptomatic - always cold, etc.  Six months ago, a functional medicine doctor suggest I add Eco Thyro37.  Not even sure what exactly that is but I felt much better.  However, my last labs did not make my Endodcronolgist or general physician happy at all, and so I dropped the Eco.  He also decreased  my Levothyroxine dose.

September labs had my   TSH at .07 
Free T3 was 2.3  
Free T4 was 1.82

No reverse T3 test.  I had the same lecture I received 6 months prior about this TSH level being terrible for my heart, which does scare me.  I feel fine heart wise but my husband just had a stent and near miss heart attack.  So I did agree to drop the Eco Thyrox37 and change my Levothyroxine slightly, to 88mg daily.  Before I was taking 100 meg once a week and 88 the other 6.  It has not been that long, but I feel like my symptoms are coming back.

I ate gluten free for some years and just found and switched to Wheat Belly roughly two months ago.  Love the program and feel better but not as good as I felt with the Eco and higher doses Levo. Have been following all of the program except adding the Kelp, as I understand that could be a big problem for someone with Hashi.

I have just joined the Undoctored, reading  and watchingsome of the wonderful on-line videos, I am wondering if I am in the 20% or so that has issues with T3 blockage.  

In any case, I just sent the following to my Endo.  I doubt he will agree (just a hunch), but I would like some feedback.  Is it a reasonable thing to try or ?????  

I am writing with a request to change my current levothyroxine prescription to a combination preparation, such as Naturethroid or Armour Thyroid (both prescription) that contains both the T4 and the T3 thyroid hormones.  Please let me know if this would be a problem.  I understand your concerns about my last two lab results and heart disease, which I take very seriously, but felt less symptomatic on the ecortyroid.  I can’t find in my testing where my reverse T3 was tested, but my low level of T3 might indicate this switch could be more effective and at a dose that makes you happier with my future TSH results.  I’d like to try it.  Calling in the new prescription would be appreciated.  The pharmacy on record is the same - 

Any and all feedback very welcome.  Is this worth trying?  I don’t want to end up with heart issues, but the levothyroxine doesn’t seem to be doing what I want.

Thanks.
Tags: levothyroxine,thyroid levels

Bob Niland

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 11090
Recommends Recd: 9
Certs & Awards: 39   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 10/15/2019 5:13:34 PM
Edited: 10/15/2019 6:19:00 PM (1)

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags: