Cureality Proficiency Certifications and Awards X
Inner Circle Forums

Portions of the Undoctored Inner Circle Member Forum and its vast wealth of knowledge, are available only to our Members.
Becoming an Inner Circle Member will allow you to post topics, ask Dr. Davis questions, and view all replies.

Postprandial reading higher at 3 hours than at 1

Member Forum >> Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes Protocol >> Postprandial reading higher at 3 hours than at 1

LaurieB

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 30
Recommends Recd: 0
Ignores Issued: 0
Certs & Awards: 0   view

Likes Recd: 0

Posted: 6/6/2019 10:26:59 PM
Edited: 6/6/2019 10:27:30 PM (1)

I usually take a big reading before eating and again about 45 minutes after I start eating.  There usually isn’t much change.  I typically start in the mid 70s to low 80s and by the time I take that second reading, it’s only up about 7 or 8 points. (Sometimes I take two readings in a row to verify, and they typically match or are within 1 or 2 points .). Yes, I know the goal is flat-line, but I haven’t been able to achieve it yet.

Anyway, tonight I decided to take a reading just shy of 3 hours after starting to eat.  It was 22 points higher than my pre measurement and 14 points higher than my one hour post.  The highest reading was 96, which isn’t bad in and of itself. I just don’t understand why it would still be rising after that first hour or so.  Isn’t it supposed to be dropping back down by then?  

My dinner was my only meal today (this is typical). It was two chicken thighs, 5 slices uncured bacon, 1/2 cup L.R. yogurt.  I also put 2 Tbsp inulin in a glass is filtered water to get some fibers.

NOTE:  I checked the bacon package, and it said it’s made with brown sugar, which I didn’t notice when I bought it.  However, it lists 1 gram sugars per 2 slices.   While I know labels aren’t 100%, I’d venture it’s at least close.   So, that would be approx. 5 grams sugar.  Could only (approx.) 5 grams sugar cause this issue?  I won’t be eating the bacon again, but still, seems like not enough sugar to cause an issue.  

Sorry my posts are are so long.  I always figure that responders may have questions, so I try to cover all the details, even the little stuff. 

Thanks. 
Tags:

PrimalType1

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 93

Likes Recd: 1

Posted: 6/7/2019 8:40:21 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags:

hopscotch

No Avatar

Posts Contributed: 1958
Recommends Recd: 8

Posted: 6/7/2019 9:38:07 AM

Primal - Dr. Bernstein does a great job explaining the process. A very interesting read!
Tags:

LaurieB

No Avatar

Posted: 6/7/2019 11:00:46 AM

Reply Content Hidden!

Post replies longer than 250 characters are restricted to Full Access Members (make certain you are logged-in!).

Tags:

LaurieB

No Avatar

Posted: 6/8/2019 11:42:23 AM

I got an opportunity to read Dr. Bernstein’s article.  Very good read!  I appreciate the link.  Thanks again.
Tags: